can Obscurium load samples (or alternative?)

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i am interested in Obscurium, but looks like it is synth-only. is this true?

can it load realistic samples like bells, triangle etc?

if not is there another sugar bytes VST that can do this?

i want random/generative functionality, but with samples.

thank you.

Obscurium can use VSTs. I tried it a couple of times, works well. So if you have a sampler VST ... Obscurium will have to scan the VST path. Then you can choose a plugin and map the parameters. Here Phonec_2 is used:

obscuriumPlugin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Question for SB: Is it possible to configure a plugin globally so that it remains when browsing Obscurium patches ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:15 pm Question for SB: Is it possible to configure a plugin globally so that it remains when browsing Obscurium patches ?

Cheers.
Hi mevla, yes, you can unchain the plugin from being recalled. Therefore please enable "Isolate Plugin from Preset Change" in the General Tab of Obscurium. This makes it possible to change Obscurium presets without losing the plugin and its related settings.

Best, Nadine

I just dusted off an old Windows tablet and rediscovered a long-lost Obscurium - forgot how truly unique it was -and remains. But if ever a program was begging to go touchscreen it's this one... it's already nine parts there. Does Sugarbytes have any thoughts of making Obscurium - or a version of it - available for iOS? I hope so and I suspect it would be an absolute must-have app. Lovely very clever thing... sequences everything.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”