Egoist not obeying midi notes to change pattern.

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have direct pattern change enabled and its in Pattern mode, with Clock source External and Host Start. I put C1, D1, E1 into a midi clip and pressed play and the pattern stays the same (stays on one). I have 5 patterns configured (A-E) so it should change. What did I miss?

Hi functionform,

which DAW are you exactly working with? Normally the first key of the Pattern Keys responds to note C1 which means C1=Pattern1, C#1=Pattern2, D1=Pattern3 and so on but depending on your host or your controller it can happen that the pattern keys are mapped from C3 upwards eg in FL Studio.

Just to make sure...the footer should display the 16 pattern keys.
If you see the buttons A-F instead you are in Song Mode where the song will start playback with any MIDI note and plays the individual parts defined in Part Mode.
Maybe check out our manual on page 10-12 here:
http://downloads.sugar-bytes.de/manuals/Egoist.pdf

Best,
Nadine

I'm Reaper latest, and I used the midi item as reference to make sure I was using C1-x. I noticed that on any keypress of my keyboard, it would always jump to C1. I'll look again tonight to see if I missed something else.

Looks like according my Reaper the trigger notes start on C2. Thank you for your help!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”