Thesys synth only?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to play the Thesys synth autonomously via MIDI?

I like to drag and drop midi files from Thesys into my DAW, but when I play the track, Thesys won't replicate what it was doing. It interprets the midi data as pattern control, not as midi notes or CC's for the synth. I would like to be able to tweak/hand edit the generated MIDI and have the same sound (with the same control change assignments etc) simply play it. Can it be done?

Hi ladybugs,

ok, please consider Thesys as MIDI generating unit. Which means the MIDI part that is created by Thesys is meant to use with other instruments either by routing it's MIDI out channel to the destination synth or using the MIDI drag and drop feature on a track with your target synth.
The MIDI that is send to Thesys will be used to trigger the patterns, the pitch keys and the action section of Thesys only.
So if you want to get access of the sound of its internal synth you should do this the same way as you would do with any other instruments in your DAW. The best way is to record as MIDI and then bounce to audio.

Best,
Nadine

Hello Nadine, thanks for your reply. I am a bit surprised Sugar Bytes didn't think of such a use case. It should be fairly easy to select one specific MIDI channel for "synth playing only". The issue I have, obviously, is with editing the MIDI info to fit a track perfectly. Audio just won't cut it.

Is any further work planned on Thesys?

The simple ability for the synth to receive and play MIDI on a specific, selected channel, would go a long way towards usability: we could edit the exported sequence and play it back with changed notes/controller data.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”