Effectrix on PC, WONT SHOW PRESETS

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my presets wont show on the drop down menu. everything for this software is installed in the given default locations. Im mad i spent money on this product and i cant load the presets. Help Me please

Hi PotnaUp,

sorry to hear this! Do you mean that there are no presets when using the standalone version or when using Effectrix within a DAW (If yes, which one? Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton Live...), or both?

Does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
Which means in case you have multiple user accounts on your computer, make sure to install Effectrix on the User account you will really work with your DAW afterwards.

If you are familiar with Windows registry, could you please look at this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sugar Bytes\Effectrix

To open the windows registry click the windows key + r. Then type regedit and press enter.
Now the regedit application should be launched. Now browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sugar Bytes\Effectrix

Here are all the paths Effectrix is using. Please look if there are maybe strange characters in the paths. On my machine the entry for presetpath0 for example looks like this:
C:\Users\nadine\Documents\Sugar Bytes\Effectrix\Presets\

Anyway, the easiest way would be to uninstall Effectrix (not only to delete the files) and to delete the Effectrix folder in the registry. Then restart your computer! Afterwards please reinstall the latest version of Effectrixagain. That will make sure that the registry will be rewritten upon installation.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best,
Nadine

I also am getting no presets showing for effectrix and tornado even though the presets are there on file in the correct place. I’ll try a reinstall. But these were just installed recently on a new laptop and I am administrator.

FYI I’m on windows 10 with recent updates.

i only have a content path in regedit lastly directed to Effectrix folder. should i create a preset path?

Seems that it's an admin/non-admin problem and we found out that it is possible only via a small detour in your case.
Therefore please click Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
Then got to -> Change The Account Type and temporarily choose Administrator for the installation process of Effectrix.
Then it should work.
Subsequently, using the same way to set just back to standard user.

Best,
Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 pm Seems that it's an admin/non-admin problem and we found out that it is possible only via a small detour in your case.
Therefore please click Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
Then got to -> Change The Account Type and temporarily choose Administrator for the installation process of Effectrix.
Then it should work.
Subsequently, using the same way to set just back to standard user.

Best,
Nadine
My account has been administrator the whole time. I'll try a reinstall I guess anyways.
EDit: Reinstall seems to have fixed the issue actually. Weird I thought I had already reinstalled it. All good.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”