Turnado on Cubase group tracks can cause crashes

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have a problem with turnado (v1.7.0, x64-version) in Cubase v9.5.30 (x64 version on windows 10). The problem can be reproduced. Put some instruments on a group track, load turnado as an insert effect, then load the preset "ElDollo" from the folder "Factory3" and move the dictator-slider up and down. It can take some time, but sooner or later it will cause a bug. There are a few different behaviors. Sometimes the group-track gets completly silent, sometimes only the left channel gets silent and sometimes the whole project gets silent. After that try to switch the preset - sometimes it will make cubase crash (without an error-dialog) and sometimes not. But even if it doesnt crash, the silence-problem stays when switching the preset. I couldnt reproduce this problem on channel tracks or on the master - it only happens on group tracks.

Please help! I havent used Turnado that much in the past, but within the last weeks I have used it very often for making buildups. I think there's no other VST that makes buildups that easy. It saves a lot of time for automation of seperate effects ... and sounds great :love:

Best regards

Hi audiot,

sorry to hear that! I've tried it here with version 9.5.30 on Windows 10 and it works for me,
but we will of course look into this again and hopefully come up with a quick solution as soon as we can reproduce this issue here in our office.
If you could possibly send me an example Cubase project file with Turnado and some Cubase on-board plugins only where you can constantly reproduce the crashes (to support[a]sugar-bytes.de) it could really help us a lot to get an idea what's going on. Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi audiot,

sorry to hear that! I've tried it here with version 9.5.30 on Windows 10 and it works for me,
but we will of course look into this again and hopefully come up with a quick solution as soon as we can reproduce this issue here in our office.
If you could possibly send me an example Cubase project file with Turnado and some Cubase on-board plugins only where you can constantly reproduce the crashes (to support[a]sugar-bytes.de) it could really help us a lot to get an idea what's going on. Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine
Hi Nadine,

I could narrow down the problem! This problem appears not only on group tracks - it's a problem on all tracks. If the input volume on Turnado is to high, the plugin will crash.

I have uploaded a project file where you can test this. I have inserted the standard limiter from Cubase before Turnado on a single track. The limiter has extreme settings to demonstarte this, but I have lowered the Master-Volume for protection.

Open the Turnado GUI and move the slider up and down ... move it really, really fast ... like a maniac :hyper: The behavior here is a bit different then what I described in my last post. After a few seconds you will hear that turnado doesnt process the sound anymore. You could also here a noise burst :?: After that try to switch the preset on Turnado and Cubase will crash. I dont know if that happens on other presets or settings as well, but the "ElDollo"-preset makes it crash.

project file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23sxejakh57zh ... g.cpr?dl=0

Hi audiot,

thanks to your project and your detailed description we were able to reproduce this issue here in our office.
Unfortunately, it's very hard to nail down the crash and get some relevant debugging information.
But we will of course keep on to investigate and let you know as soon as we have found a solution.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks a lot for your patience!

Best,
Nadine

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi audiot,

thanks to your project and your detailed description we were able to reproduce this issue here in our office.
Unfortunately, it's very hard to nail down the crash and get some relevant debugging information.
But we will of course keep on to investigate and let you know as soon as we have found a solution.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks a lot for your patience!

Best,
Nadine
No problem! I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update :tu:

Return to “Sugar Bytes”