Looperator Cubase Issue!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
So I am new to Cubase and Looperator but I have been using it and loving it without issues...until now. I have a audio loop that is 2 measures long, when I apply the effect "easy break" from Looperator and change the timing to 1/8 the effect sounds great. However when I save the audio loop out and then play it back, the first measure plays but the second measure is completely silent. I've tested this out on many of the Looperator effects and most seem to record/save just fine, but there are many that suffer from this same issue. It plays fine in the track lane, but as soon as I go to save it, the .wav gets all messed up.

1) Has anyone had this issue?
2) Am I doing something wrong?
3) Are there any really detailed videos for beginers using Cubase and Looperator?

Also- I uplpaded screenshots but they aren't showning up?

UPDATE: I extended my audio loop in it's lane from 2measures to 4 measures and saved the out the .wav file. When I open it up, the first and second measure are still messed up (the first measure plays and the second measure is silent), but then measure 3 and measure 4 play exactly the way it should sound with the Looperatpr effect playing where it should.

I am thoughly confused and disheartend by the lack of actual tutorials online. In one video it mentions assigning the Looperator to a midi channel but I can't figure out how to do that-nor can I find any tutorials to help.

Any help would be gretly appreciated!

Hi kbowman016,

thanks for the report, could reproduce this issue here! We will of course investigate and come up with a fixed version as soon as we have found a solution. But when triggering the sequencer of Looperator with MIDI notes instead it should at least work fine. Therefore just load Looperator as an effect on an audio or instrument track and activate Looperator's PLAY button.Then create a MIDI track and assign Looperator as its target. This way the track with Looperator receives MIDI and you can now let Looperator run at the exact location you want. ;-)

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for the reply- I am glad that it wasn't just me! Is there a good video or resource to show the Midi method you describe (sorry, I am new to this and midi) I've watched a number of videos on this, but they all address different points and it's hard to understand the correct order of steps needed to successfully set up a Midi track with Looperator.

Thanks!

Hi kbowman016,

ok, I just made a quick video which will show you the order of steps needed:

1. load Looperator on a track (here an audio track)
2. set the clock mode of Looperator to PLAY
3. create an additonal MIDI track
4. route the MIDI output of that MIDI track to the track with Looperator on it
5. draw a MIDI note in the MIDI track or press a note on your MIDI controller to let the sequencer start playing and stop with the release

Here is the link to the video:
https://vimeo.com/272746231

Hope this helps. ;-)

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”