NKS for Turnado

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The perfect effect for Komplete Kontrol to control. Only why did you leave out mapping The great Dictator?

Anyway I can add it myself but hope you will next update

aMUSEd wrote:The perfect effect for Komplete Kontrol to control. Only why did you leave out mapping The great Dictator?

Anyway I can add it myself but hope you will next update
No dictator? That's weird. Seems like the main control you'd want.

Yes, hopefully just a mistake - I made my own template with it of course anyway but it needs to be added to all the presets

It looks like SB are going to need to address this themselves, I tried creating a new template and applying it to the presets but can't get dictator to show still, it is an automatable param but there's something hardwired into the plugin that makes it keep reverting to not using dictator when mapped. Weird, not seen that before.

Hey,

we already discussed the possibilities but finally decided to leave out mapping the Dictator to avoid inconsistent results caused by moving the main knobs in parallel with the Dictator which would fight with each other then. But when Learn mode is active in the Pages panel of the Assignment area in Machine you can manually configure and assign the Dictator without any problems.

Note that in Maschine custom NKS Controls are not global and permanent and Maschine will keep these per sound (after you saved the sound of Turnado) only.

Best,
Nadine

While I see that could happen I think you are assuming people are idiots and won't understand that if you use the dictator you can't use the other knobs at the same time, the same would be true in fact in any host if you automate the dictator. But you should at least make this possible. Right now even if I add the dictator manually to a KK knob it doesn't allow me to save the NKS properly (ie it won't recall with the dictator enabled which is very unusual behaviour for a NKS plugin).

aMUSEd wrote:While I see that could happen I think you are assuming people are idiots and won't understand that if you use the dictator you can't use the other knobs at the same time, the same would be true in fact in any host if you automate the dictator. But you should at least make this possible. Right now even if I add the dictator manually to a KK knob it doesn't allow me to save the NKS properly (ie it won't recall with the dictator enabled which is very unusual behaviour for a NKS plugin).
Please doublecheck that you have the latest version of Turnado installed since saving/recalling custom NKS Controls of Turnado in Maschine should work well from our side, tested it again here with the latest version and it works without any problems.
Please note that if you create a custom Control and just switch to another factory sound/preset of Turnado your custom NKS Control settings will get lost. So if you manually add eg. the dictator, please make sure to save the sound of Turnado and load it from the User Content of the Library instead of the Factory Content.
If you still have problems please let me know at which step Turnado doesn't exactly allow you to save the NKS to figure out what might go wrong. Does the custom page disappear or the assignment or the connection to your hardware...? Any hint will be helpful.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”