Thesis impossible to SYNC?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Nadine,
THESIS on iOS is impossible to slave to external clock. In standalone mode. (It sends or receives notes OK)

I am talking about being slaved to a hardware sequencer. I set up everything as I do with another arp/sequencer, (StepPolyArp or Arpeggist) and nothing happens.

Egoist works, but the rest of them don’t, like Effectrix etc....which is a pity.

Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks

Hi soundklinik,

have you the latest Thesys version 1.2.1 installed?

Please doublecheck that MIDI Clock Sync is activated in the Thesys MIDI Devices Settings here:
thesys.jpg
Then Thesys should act as receiver of MIDI clock signals to let it run in sync with your external synth without any problems.

If not, please send me a detailed description of your setup (to support[@]sugar-bytes.de) to figure out what might go wrong.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Nadine

Thanks for replying. Yes, I have the latest updates on apps and iOS.

The update fixed some things, but still the play button doesn’t work as (I think) it should, like automatically start playing (in sync) as I hit play button on hardware. Thesis follows the clock, manually, meaning it recognises external input.

I will send you a detailed setup for you to see

Thanks for helping. Kind regards.

Hi there,

sorry for being a nuisance jumping in the thread, I just started to be really confused how I should use this thing. I have just purchased Thesys on iPad and am trying to use it in AUM. I can only adjust the app’s settings in the standalone version right? I have added an instance of Synthmaster then on a separate channel I have added Thesys. It works fine but I can’t get it to start and stop when I start or stop the host... even with ableton link the play button only works when I click it. What am I missing?

Thanks a lot in advance!

daradei wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:02 pm Hi there,

sorry for being a nuisance jumping in the thread, I just started to be really confused how I should use this thing. I have just purchased Thesys on iPad and am trying to use it in AUM. I can only adjust the app’s settings in the standalone version right? I have added an instance of Synthmaster then on a separate channel I have added Thesys. It works fine but I can’t get it to start and stop when I start or stop the host... even with ableton link the play button only works when I click it. What am I missing?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi daradei,

ok, please first check if the Trigger Mode of Thesys is possibly set to 'NOTE ON'.
This means that as soon as you press a MIDI note, the Thesys pattern will start playing and will stop with the release. So please make sure to set the Trigger mode to 'EXTERNAL'.
Then Thesys is slaved to the AUM clock and will start when you press Play in the transport panel of AUM.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Nadine, thanks a lot! I couldn’t find this tiny button to get to this menu :D

cheers

Return to “Sugar Bytes”