DrumComputer released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how to uninstall it?

Actually, it's easy:-) Sugarbytes Drum Computer

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:17 pm Whoever make the drums for the video did good. I'd love to see a step by step how they sequenced and created those using this synth.
Check out Tom Cosm's videos on DC's product page. All in all they eat an hour (or so) of your time but it's really worth it. Afterward, you don't need to read the manual anymore (2ct) and also have a clue what they did in the video.

It's informative, sounds good, but its the basics, random blips and blops, not anything like the what I hear in the video. I have no doubt this thing can sound amazing, so show us at the highest level EXACTLY how!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 pm It's informative, sounds good, but its the basics, random blips and blops, not anything like the what I hear in the video. I have no doubt this thing can sound amazing, so show us at the highest level EXACTLY how!!
I don´t think that they will take the time to make a free "highest level" video for you.
There is an excellent manual to go through everything what you can do with DrumComputer.
What you demand here is a paid video tutorial.

Showing off what it can do at its best by talented artists would only be of benefit to them, no?

I was very impressed with the 90 sec intro, and the follow up videos were tame in comparison. Why not bring the big guns out and provide value on multiple fronts? They already took the time to pay these people for a demo, why not take it further.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

DrumComputer, as well as all other SB VSTs, run very well in Linux: Xubuntu 18.04, Bitwig 2.4.3, wine-4.5 (Staging), linvst.

The smart randomization feature is quite robust. If you want to get an interesting kick drum, for example, you don't need a tutorial; just set the randomization profile to kick drum, randomize until you get something you like, and then see how it was made. I've been doing this as an easy way to figure out how to set parameters optimally to my tastes.

Would be cool if they had an automatic resampling feature that pitches the sound up, resampler a la Akai S950 (like TAL Sampler) and spits out the drum at the same pitch it was synthesized at for some old school crunch. I did that on a kick drum form Massive X and TAL Sampler yesterday and the sound was punchy, deep, and thick.

mevla wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:04 pm
Studio67 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:05 am I love this drumcomputer VST, but something is missing in the low-end, I have listen to most presets and still missing the low from the kick. I have compered the sound with the micro tonic vst drum synth and then listen again to drumcomputer. (Demo version) And the sound is a little hollow and thin. Is it me only? Otherwise I purchased this drum synth in a minute :)
Such a short time although so far I find the use in a 'mid band' lively expression. DC adds a lot in that range in very colourful and lively ways. It means in this case that it's a creative instrument on its own and not necessarily the only drum in the mix. Depending on the style of the piece, of course. I see it more on the percussive side while a 'standard' kick/snare from samples (Bitwig drum machine) or VST (MDrummer) can fill in in a simple way to provide anchor points.

About (lack of) updates: SB apps are working all right, they're like artistic expressions on their own. Artistic software. The only thing I'd miss is the UI scaling on previous apps. The first recent attempt with Thesys and Aparillo yielded a somewhat fuzzy UI which is OK, but could be better. DrumComposer has proper clean scaling and it would be nice if they ported that to the previous apps. I bet it could generate other sales. Apart from that, maybe different channel outputs for Consequence and Egoist. Other than that all is fine I find, no need for updates. On the musical creativity side there's so much to explore with these apps as they are right now. Not having updates does not prevent exploration when everything is working well as it's expected, no ?
At the end:) i bought this DrumComputer…. and use it for all my percussion sounds, if i need a kick in your face will use a special plugin for this. And yes the Low end is super good… Love it already, sorry for the thin sound comment.

Seem like it's very versatile, particularly the wavetable and resynthesis options.

Might have to consider purchasing this (not right now though - spent too much on all kinds of other things recently).

paterpeter wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:05 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:24 am I like the concept but Sugarbytes doesn’t commit to long term evolution of their products. I’ll pass on it until they wrap around and revisit their past products.
Exactly my thought. Their released are fire-and-forget. I've never seen a substantial update to one of their products.
For one thing I can say that Egoist on the iPad got a nice overhaul some time back with some extra features. I'd like to see it attended to a little more frequently perhaps, however.

Sugar Bytes you spoke of releasing soon a version v1.1 with deeper kick sounds.

Could you give a extreme rough timetable?

is it hours,month...?

V1.1. ist online. I got an support email from sugar Bytes and will dowload it in few minutes

Whats the secret to receiving update emails?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Sugar Bytes”