Multilevel Plug-in Menus for Sonar?

Official support for: agitatedstate.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I'm missing it but how do I create multi-level menus for Sonar?

There's a couple of different ways you can do this.

Lets say you wanted to create a menu item with 2 submenus for example something like:
  • Drums
    • D-Romplers/Samplers
    • D-Synths
The easiest way to achieve this would be
  • Go into the Categorization tab and create 3 Categories - Drums, D-Romplers/Samplers, D-Synths
  • Populate the categories as desired
  • then go into the Menu Creation tab
  • open the Drums folder
  • then drag and drop the D-Romplers/Samplers and D-Synths folders into the Drums folder
In the Menu Creation tab you can also copy parts of other menus you have previously created (or even clone the layout you are currently working on) into your new menu by using the Merge Layouts button near the top of the Menu Creation tab.

So in the Menu Creation tab you can create any kind of menu layout that you can think of! I suggest that you do as much work as possible in the Categorization tab because its ease and speed. Unfortunately because of compatibility issues with other Cakewalk DAW types - older versions using the VST Adapter and Project5 - you can't do it all in the Categorization tab, but that will change in future versions.

I'm out of town at the moment or I would have added some screen shots.
...Steven
Last edited by TheSteven on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Thanks for the help.
I've got a bad habit of not rtfm. :oops: I was trying to do everything in the Menu Creation tab, didn't even check out the Merge Layouts button because I thought it did something else.

What would be cool is if you could assign a plug-in to multiple categories.

>What would be cool is if you could assign a plug-in to multiple categories.
This is something that is planned for MenuMagic v2.
The beta should be appearing sometime soon.

...Steven
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Return to “Agitated State”