Thomann returns and service

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure where to put this so apology's if the wrong sub forum.

Does Thomann offer arranged and paid for returns outside of Germany for faulty/damaged items ? Including for the full warranty period in the case of faults.

I am located in the UK.

I can find plenty of info on their site for "unwanted" returns but none for returns of faulty/damaged goods.

I answered in your Gearslutz thread.

It has worked towards sweden, anyway.
After 2.5 years I discovered a bug in a stompbox pedal, that were to be returned to EHX, they jsut took a new one and sent me within a week.
After about 2.5 years too, a Focusrite channel strip broke, they fixed and sent back.

All free return and replacement/repair.

I returned a faulty RYTM after almost 3 years. Thomann paid postage, replaced the faulty screen and returned the unit to me in around 3 weeks. I'm in the UK.

Dude... The returns policy is plastered all over their site.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Update ..

Thomann are being pretty terrible with this to be honest, they cant use their normal methods of shipping to get this unit back to them due to my location and they are dealing with this complication very poorly indeed, communication is super awkward and slow unless you keep bugging them over the phone which for me is an international phone call.

Seems odd. Thomann is the biggest audio store in Europe, plus they've always been extraordinarily courteous to me about everything.

We have a saying in Germany, which sort of comes out the same way as "What goes around, comes around". Are you sure you approached them in a civil and fair way? Because it surely doesn't sound like you did. The original question already came over as if you expected that there will be problems.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:41 pm Seems odd. Thomann is the biggest audio store in Europe, plus they've always been extraordinarily courteous to me about everything.

We have a saying in Germany, which sort of comes out the same way as "What goes around, comes around". Are you sure you approached them in a civil and fair way? Because it surely doesn't sound like you did. The original question already came over as if you expected that there will be problems.
Ok so..

Thomann due to my location( Which by the way is not some remote place like Antarctica or anything like that, I am located on the Isle Of Man ) were initially unable to offer pre paid/pre arranged shipping, this is the issue and one I had no indication at all would be so problematic..

This led to me having to figure out how to get this thing back to them. I was left on my own to make phone calls, emails etc to try and work out how to get this faulty unit back to them. The cost to me to do this would have been at least £60.. Thomann indicated that they would only refund up to approx. 30 euros in return costs so this was a non starter.

It is only yesterday that they seemingly figured out a way to do this on their end (after 4 phone calls and 6 emails back and forth) and have asked for relevant details to arrange the collection which I provided within an hour of being asked via email, in that email I asked them to send me a message as soon as they had arranged collection, they have yet to do so despite me asking for the collection to take place on Friday(they said they needed a 3 day lead for the collection date)

Had I known that their usual returns procedure would not apply I would not have bought from them, but there was NO indication given via their website or my posts on various forums asking for feedback that this would be an issue, none at all.

And of corse I would ask about how exactly RMAs work, especially when buying from a company I had never used before that is located not in my country. Because I wanted to know that *if* something did happen and I needed warranty based returns things would be dealt with properly.

Just wondering, but, how much did postage cost for the gear to be delivered to you when you initially ordered it from Thomann?

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 pm Just wondering, but, how much did postage cost for the gear to be delivered to you when you initially ordered it from Thomann?
It was free.

"Damage reports need to be filed within 24 hours and they are the only way to file an insurance claim for the damages.

After receiving the damage report, please contact our customer service +49-9546-9223-476/479 or sc.cc@thomann.de to organize a replacement."

https://www.thomann.de/gb/faq_question_ ... sport.html

excuse me please wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 pm "Damage reports need to be filed within 24 hours and they are the only way to file an insurance claim for the damages.

After receiving the damage report, please contact our customer service +49-9546-9223-476/479 or sc.cc@thomann.de to organize a replacement."

https://www.thomann.de/gb/faq_question_ ... sport.html
I reported the encoder issues to Thomann and Elektron within hours of receiving and opening the package.

Also this is not shipping damage, so I don't see how that link is relevant.

@mfny

Oh sorry, read that wrong. But I don't see the problem then. Here's the GB return policy page of Thomann:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_moneyback.html

excuse me please wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:48 pm @mfny

Oh sorry, read that wrong. But I don't see the problem then. Here's the GB return policy page of Thomann:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_moneyback.html
The problem is not that they will not accept the return. Its everything regarding processing it in my case that is the problem. This is a warranty based return of a clearly faulty item so it is Thomanns responsibility to do what ever needs to be done to "make this work"

@mfny

Why won't they accept the return? What conditions did Thomann formulate?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”