Behringer RD-6 (Roland TR-606) announced at NAMM

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 am
codec_spurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:13 am
Lighten up BONES.
:hihi:
i thought that was bones being playful? :hihi:

This would look nice along side my tr-08 and 09. If it is 129 i would get it :D

Jim Y wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am TR808
TB303
Fender Rhodes
Hammond B3
Gibson Les Paul
Fender Precision

What do they all have in common?
They all totally fail to convincingly sound like the traditional instruments they were developed to replace.
They were all used to carve out new forms of music that might never have existed without them.
Whilst that is definitely true of the electric guitar, I think you may be over-reaching more than somewhat to suggest that any of the other things you listed were more than a convenient form factor that made them more popular than what had gone before. There was EDM before somebody thought to run a 303 through a distortion and a whole universe of better drum machines than an 808. Neither machine was popular in it's time, it was only later that people found a use for them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:58 pm
Jim Y wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am TR808
TB303
Fender Rhodes
Hammond B3
Gibson Les Paul
Fender Precision

What do they all have in common?
They all totally fail to convincingly sound like the traditional instruments they were developed to replace.
They were all used to carve out new forms of music that might never have existed without them.
Whilst that is definitely true of the electric guitar, I think you may be over-reaching more than somewhat to suggest that any of the other things you listed were more than a convenient form factor that made them more popular than what had gone before. There was EDM before somebody thought to run a 303 through a distortion and a whole universe of better drum machines than an 808. Neither machine was popular in it's time, it was only later that people found a use for them.
and largely because no one wanted them, so second hand shops were selling them dirt cheap.
then non musicians got their hands on them, and made it up as they went along.
ah the early post industrial squat raves :love:

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 am
codec_spurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:13 am
Lighten up BONES.
:hihi:
i thought that was bones being playful? :hihi:
:lol:

Here's a demo of the original TR-606 (no talking):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFIp3bw8iXM

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”