Behringer RD-6 (Roland TR-606) announced at NAMM

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a strange choice. The 606 was my first ever drum machine and it was very, very basic. It didn't sound especially good, either. It's not really a "classic", I can't see too many people wanting one.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

it's a really poor DM imo, never liked it.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:36 pm What a strange choice. The 606 was my first ever drum machine and it was very, very basic. It didn't sound especially good, either. It's not really a "classic", I can't see too many people wanting one.
Famous people have used it, and it's a Roland *0*... I bet it makes sense, marketing wise.

I used one in the past and the only thing I really remember about it is how unreliable it was.

Can't say I'm interested in this one.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There was a time when I would have been thrilled to have Behringer remakes of the 909, 808, 606. But now I have so many other options... so many other drum machines, Eurorack drum modules, VSTi drum synths, massive sample sets... it seems pointless to me to spend money and take up precious space on such limited machines. I mean strictly for my own personal needs- I can understand why other people would be excited. If I could only get one of these three, I’d be hard pressed to choose.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:41 amPretty sure BONES has me blocked anyway. So hopefully he won't feel emotionally slighted.[
Full of yourself much? Why would anyone block an amateur lightweight like you?
deastman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:02 amThere was a time when I would have been thrilled to have Behringer remakes of the 909, 808, 606... If I could only get one of these three, I’d be hard pressed to choose.
Seriously? Have you never heard them? They are all awful. The only viable drum machine from that era, the only thing capable of taking it to the LinnDrum, was the TR 707.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TR808
TB303
Fender Rhodes
Hammond B3
Gibson Les Paul
Fender Precision

What do they all have in common?
They all totally fail to convincingly sound like the traditional instruments they were developed to replace.
They were all used to carve out new forms of music that might never have existed without them.

I find it quite bizarre that there are purists that get upset when modern production of those instruments "doesn't sound right".

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:41 am You just pulled your little boy Australian pants down and shat upon it from a great height!
:lol:

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:13 am
Lighten up BONES.
:hihi:

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:07 pm Have you never heard them? They are all awful.
:smack:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”