2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since it's a new year, maybe time for a new thread? :)

Bought it in December, but still waiting for my Behringer RD-8 to arrive.

I'm going to grab one of these
https://m.thomann.de/fi/soundcraft_note ... v5EALw_wcB

Then I'll start to complete my collection of Volcas. Mwahaha!

If Behringer releases those eurorack pieces this year, I'm screwed..

holding off till ive done some "adulting" and tidied the room, including adding shelves and a new "posture improving type chair".

then to treat myself a crave and if its out, to comemerate the cats castration, a cat.
and another eurocase.

Not very glamorous but very needed if I plan to add a shitload more gear in 2020. My SI Impact will now have up to 80 channels mixdown with one of these little babies... should arrive Tuesday :)

And I plan on getting a decent analogue poly, expanding the modular and adding some decent Lexicon and Eventide rack effects. That'll be the food/beer funds gone out the window this year if it goes to plan.

My 2nd (and last?) hardware synth. The OB-6 desktop. Hopefully at the end of January (barring life surprises or NAMM surprises).

5 days sober woo hoo Oh wow look at that email from Sweetwater...

Thinking of getting one of these: Grp a2

https://youtu.be/b4CpUGFasZY

Cheapo 80s Rockson CE2 clone. I'm not a big chorus fan but it sounded pretty decent on first play.

Oh well, there goes my one out one in resolution. Mind, I did actually pay for it in 2019 so perhaps all's not lost.

A few things I ordered at the end of 2019 will arrive soon:

Erica Zen Delay
2x Radial EXTC 500 modules
sE VR-1 passive ribbon mic
Dulop CAE Wah
3x Redco TT patchbays

There is a lot of synth stuff and outboard gear I'm excited about... I plan to do more tracking work this year, I'll need new tools to make things easier. A lot of boring stuff (mic stands, cables, a stage box...) and a lot of potential DIY projects.

wickfut wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:19 pm Not very glamorous but very needed if I plan to add a shitload more gear in 2020. My SI Impact will now have up to 80 channels mixdown with one of these little babies... should arrive Tuesday :)

And I plan on getting a decent analogue poly, expanding the modular and adding some decent Lexicon and Eventide rack effects. That'll be the food/beer funds gone out the window this year if it goes to plan.
It might not be glamorous .. but that looks like some serious bit of kit...
Way back, my fav tape machine was valve Studer (B)62's I think they were...

And vacation... mortgage, car...

but hey.. lets dance :lol: :lol:

Woke up some time on Jan 1...
thought... I don't need any more gear, lets work this modular and really learn it in side out...

Jan 3... finally came around to reality and ordered (discontinued stock so much reduced in price) Erica's 8_seqSwitch.. Black 8_multi and a Scale...

today phoned a supplier with a view to go and test some new monitors...

6 days in...
I think I'm doing ok. :hide:

justin3am wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 pm
There is a lot of synth stuff and outboard gear I'm excited about... I plan to do more tracking work this year, I'll need new tools to make things easier. A lot of boring stuff (mic stands, cables, a stage box...) and a lot of potential DIY projects.
I remember getting very excited about getting my first mic stand... no more taping the mic to chairs or hanging it from the ceiling ...

times change.. we evolve.
Expectations rise...

have a good year tracking Justin :tu:

I'd like to get an Expressive E Osmose.

My Klavis Flexshaper arrived today. It's kind of a powerhouse of nifty utilities. Adjustable saturation, heavy waveshaping, all CVable... or a sort of psuedo-ringmod if you feed audio into a CV input too... or a wonky bitcrusher if you feed your audio input into the "halfway" CV. Or you can self-patch it... :o

And it'll do a screwed-up, lo-fi The Harvestman-sounding crossfade thing if you feed one oscillator to the central CV and mess with the amplitude of the input.

Excellent for deriving one envelope from another... take a simple decay-only envelope and create an ARAR envelope out of it, or HAR or whatever :)

Good for mangling LFOs into something more complex, especially if you feed it multiple LFOs.

Simple stuff like inversion, rectification, converting unipolar to bipolar or vice versa.

A weird sort of waveshaping tremolo if you plug a quadrature LFO into its various CV inputs (like Filter 8... :D)

I keep discovering new stuff the more I play with it :love:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”