Behringer Poly D

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:21 am The points is, it's difficult to support local business in Poland, as it's barely existing (Polyend? Looptrotter?). I can buy polish apples, but top audio gear and software will be german or UK, manufactured in China.
I have a couple of bypass loop switches - WOBO - I think I ordered from Poland. :)

Europe is pretty much local, I think.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am
Funkaroma wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 pm Hmm, I now doubt between this one and the deepmind6. They both sound great..
Doubt what?
I’m not great at English... Sorry.

I’m looking for my first analog poly synth, but it’s a very hard choice now with the polyD coming out as well.

Funkaroma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am
I’m looking for my first analog poly synth, but it’s a very hard choice now with the polyD coming out as well.
Look at Loopop video, last one above, and you will have it all explained the so called poly and what it means.

Second voice does not get their own envelope at all, so character of notes in a chord will behave very differently.

And no preset memories at all - what you see on knobs and buttons - is what you get. To get another sound you have to tweak it all.

DM6 has 1024 overwritable locations to store anything you come up with - no comparison in my view. And true polyphonic - each of 6 voices get their own oscillators, envelopes and everything.

As sales person i shops say - I got one of these myself. ;)

Funkaroma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am
Funkaroma wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 pm Hmm, I now doubt between this one and the deepmind6. They both sound great..
Doubt what?
I’m not great at English... Sorry.

Oh okay, sorry Funkaroma! :oops:
I agree, the PolyD is a very tempting synth! Let's see what the price is! :hihi:

Please don't blame Dutch people! They even can't speak Dutch no more.

But seriously, Google translates 'twijfelen tussen' as 'doubt between'.
While they obviously mean 'deciding between.' Hint for the Dutch: Google deliberately translates words wrongly, because you are Dutch!

lfm wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:21 am The points is, it's difficult to support local business in Poland, as it's barely existing (Polyend? Looptrotter?). I can buy polish apples, but top audio gear and software will be german or UK, manufactured in China.
I have a couple of bypass loop switches - WOBO - I think I ordered from Poland. :)
G-Lab (MIDI splitters, effect pedals) is Polish too.

excuse me please wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:25 pm Please don't blame Dutch people! They even can't speak Dutch no more.

But seriously, Google translates 'twijfelen tussen' as 'doubt between'.
While they obviously mean 'deciding between.' Hint for the Dutch: Google deliberately translates words wrongly, because you are Dutch!
Google Translate had too much Dutch weed, is all.
Actual untampered screenshot:
Googledygook, I say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cptgone on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arent gamechanger polish?

@cptgone

Oh, now I understand why they made Dutch weed so expensive :cry:

Price tag : €699 or £599 - a bit higher than anticipated.
Available end of january.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_poly_d.htm

lfm wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm Price tag : €699 or £599 - a bit higher than anticipated.
Available end of january.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_poly_d.htm
cheaper than chaining 4 together

Except chaining 4 together would have a filter and amp per voice, making it properly polyphonic... :)

nice cv enabled kb thrown in though too 8)

You even get a DM12 for exact that money - even if I haven't tried so hard to achive that Poly-D sound yet in my DM6, I use for more selfgenerating patches.

On he other hand, DM12 cost a lot more as introduced - so when development cost are reeled in, they can lower price.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 pm Except chaining 4 together would have a filter and amp per voice, making it properly polyphonic... :)
and 4 x the price

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”