Behringer Poly D

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does this have stereo outputs for the chorus effect?

It’s a shame the oscillators are not stereo with variable panning!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I have only 2 questions.
- how many kidneys does a man have?
- how many kidneys does a man need?

cptgone wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:09 am I have only 2 questions.
- how many kidneys does a man have?
- how many kidneys does a man need?
:hihi:

Would Behringer sell even more if they simply flooded the market with product after product, unannounced?
It was easy for me to resist some of their clones, even discounted, knowing that space will become a limiting factor very fast at this rate, and having read Behringer's public future releases list.
(On the other hand, it may work well for them when it comes to customers who are saving up for one of the synths they are promising to clone)

Funnily, the recent surprise releases may have a similar effect on me: the Pro1 was a no-brainer future purchase for me, but now I wonder if we'll get a Pro5 too.

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:35 am Does this have stereo outputs for the chorus effect?
Yes.

The reviews boring as hell.
Oh , it's not the reviews . it's the silly synth.

cptgone wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:27 am Would Behringer sell even more if they simply flooded the market with product after product, unannounced?
It was easy for me to resist some of their clones, even discounted, knowing that space will become a limiting factor very fast at this rate, and having read Behringer's public future releases list.
(On the other hand, it may work well for them when it comes to customers who are saving up for one of the synths they are promising to clone)

Funnily, the recent surprise releases may have a similar effect on me: the Pro1 was a no-brainer future purchase for me, but now I wonder if we'll get a Pro5 too.
I have to agree, I bought the Oddy as it was always one of my fave route synths, but now I feel like I need to wait to see if the cs80 or whatever comes out as I can afford more synths, but not a new studio to put them in!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:19 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:15 pm Isn’t the Moog Matriarch paraphonic?
Yes (and over 2 grand!) but a bit more 'modular' and a lot more patch points.
I'm not sure there is anything in the (current) Moog line up quite like this.
I saw a review of a Moog and they emphasized that Moog is a employee owned company and you buy that to support the work, kind of.

So do you want to support jobs locally, or us, or in china, kind of.

But think design work for Behringer is germany so that is jobs too, of course. Or was Deepmind a team in UK, don't remember.

But you cannot really compare a hand made production with mass production in asia - ever.

Just thought it was an interesting angle of it all. Everytime we buy something it's a statement what we want to support. Easy to forget.

Amram wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:28 am The reviews boring as hell.
Oh , it's not the reviews . it's the silly synth.
Maybe you like "no talk" reviews more. Thanks for posting anyway.

Me for one, think Loopop reviews is the very best out there. It pretty much replace purchase and use for a week and then return fuss. All done in 30 minutes.
- does it offer new territory or not

I think this Poly-D neat package could be done with Deepmind as well, tilted panel and all. It does sound incredible, even if overlapping what I can do with Prologue and Nordlead 2X and then get polyphony, loads of presets locations to store and stuff.

Compare to Argon8 what I heard so far - Poly-D soundwise outshine it. But could be not all factory presets are done yet.

Poly-D need to beat price point of DM6 or choice is rather clear what is better buy.

Deepmind have this 32 step control sequencer as well, often forgotten - which basically can be an extra programmable envelope generator if you want - applied to just about anything in mod matrix. This control sequencer is pretty much the same idea as Prophet 8 or REV2 call gated sequencer, but they have two 16 step ones instead - which is rather neat. You can use it to introduce pseudo random stuff to parameters too.

I do not like paraphony, generally speaking. This is no exception.

Expecting it to sell well, however.

Wake me when they actually release an analog (w/ VCOs) polysynth.

lfm wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:58 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:19 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:15 pm Isn’t the Moog Matriarch paraphonic?
Yes (and over 2 grand!) but a bit more 'modular' and a lot more patch points.
I'm not sure there is anything in the (current) Moog line up quite like this.
I saw a review of a Moog and they emphasized that Moog is a employee owned company and you buy that to support the work, kind of.

So do you want to support jobs locally, or us, or in china, kind of.

But think design work for Behringer is germany so that is jobs too, of course. Or was Deepmind a team in UK, don't remember.

But you cannot really compare a hand made production with mass production in asia - ever.

Just thought it was an interesting angle of it all. Everytime we buy something it's a statement what we want to support. Easy to forget.
Well neither China nor the US is "local" to me. Behringer is headquartered in Germany, but it's owned by a holding company called Music Tribe, based in the Philippines (for tax reasons?). The synths are designed by Midas (also Music Tribe) in the UK (or was that just the DeepMind?), and manufactured at Behringer's plant in China. On the other hand, Korg and Roland also manufacture their products in China. Are the naked Moog PCB's, the capacitors, resistors, transistors, knobs and switches, screens, keybeds etc. also made in the USA or are the synths just assembled there?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:08 amAre the naked Moog PCB's, the capacitors, resistors, transistors, knobs and switches, screens, keybeds etc. also made in the USA or are the synths just assembled there?
Assembled in USA. Moog uses Fatar keybeds which are made in Italy. Caps and resistors and stuff is all likely from China.

Most of components in the world are manufactured in China, it seems. While there are some local supplies and manufacturers, companies (at least the ones I worked in so far) pick China as it's cheaper.
Probably things are different in USA.
everytime we buy something it's a statement what we want to support.
The points is, it's difficult to support local business in Poland, as it's barely existing (Polyend? Looptrotter?). I can buy polish apples, but top audio gear and software will be german or UK, manufactured in China.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:08 am Are the naked Moog PCB's, the capacitors, resistors, transistors, knobs and switches, screens, keybeds etc. also made in the USA or are the synths just assembled there?
I think PCB are made locally - in the price range they are not going for lowest price. Components and standard chips are probably made in low priced/salary countries.

I made memory cartridges for CZ-series synths in the 80's - made pcb locally but soldered and mounted myself in the evenings - on demand.

But had experience with doing pcb layouts and films for production in a job I had.

Roland cartridges for drum machines and jupiter-8 etc I had mounted and soldered in a bit larger batch. So that is doable locally too. Just 500 units as a batch was enough - and still sell end product 30% lower than Roland gear. But then D-50 came with these surface mount stuff slim cartridges - and I could not compete with that.

Production hardware is rather hard, so abandoned that. But advantage is that not as easy to copy as digital stuff - part of why Arturia went hardware as I saw in an interview with CEO.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”