Help with Mbox 3 audio interface

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I bought the above box off ebay and when I plug it into my laptop all I get is flashing lights, apparently its a common problem. According to a lot of the reports it seems to be a USB power related issue, does anyone have a definitive answer to this. Will a powered USB hub definitely sort it or is it going in the bin?
Thanks
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Most interfaces require you to install the DRIVERS before the hardware.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/down ... ox-Drivers

Also this interface only works with Pro Tools....no other DAWS.

Hopefully, you did your homework and knew all that before you
bought it. If that's the case, maybe you were sold a broken unit.
If so just return it.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:36 pm Also this interface only works with Pro Tools....no other DAWS.
Not true, Avid of course is concerned about Pro Tools side of things more, but still there's info about about support of different OS versions as well.

The Mbox interface is also compatible with other major recording applications, so you can make music any way you want. All-new drivers provide superior performance with Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more. So go ahead, use your favorite third-party DAW from start to finish
Did you install the latest drivers before plugging the mbox into your laptop? Which OS are you using?

I think I installed them first ( version 1.1.10) can I just uninstall and start from scratch again just in case. I am on laptop with Win10.

Worth a try ... if Avid provide up to date drivers for Win10. Maybe check out ASIO4all too?

I shall try again after work.

Well I uninstalled, tried just plugging it in to see if generic driver would work, nothing. Re downloaded/ re installed and same thing, flashing light show. So I thought, on the off chance, I'll try a different cable other than the one that came with it and lo and behold it seems to be working. I've only tried audio out from computer through headphone output so far but its looking good. Could it be that the cable was just a power cable and didnt let any data through, like some of the phone cables are like?
Anyway thanks for responding, if you hadnt I probably would have binned it unnecessarily.

Glad you got it sorted :party: Maybe just a dodgy cable (?)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”