Headphones question: Shure SRH940 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50X? Or something else? EDIT: bought Mackie MC-250

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 am
tehlord wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 pm I think they're recommended a lot simply because they're recommended a lot and people that buy them don't have a lot to compare with.
give that man a cigar.

i never did understand why the ath-m50xs got so much attention for studio use. they are not flat at all.
No, they're not flat but you will not find a better sounding pair of HP's in this price-range! I know a few people who own & use them in the studio for playback purposes but I wouldn't recommend them for mixing....

I use the SHure SRH840 and the ATH M50X.
I like the shure for recording vocals as they really have a nice gentle mid frequency push that works great on my ears to listen to lots of vocal takes. For everything else... recording bass, building grooves etc. I love my ATH M50X
rsp
sound sculptist

RexXx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:35 am Mackie MC-250
Got these, really happy with them. Was using them for about a month.
RexXx wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:41 am Bass is punchy, but not overdone.
- this is indeed the case and overall they have good balance, sometimes I have to mix in them when my family sleeps and when I later check the levels and the equing I did in them with my speakers I don't have to correct much.

The high end may sound a tiny bit harsh in them but it's not an issue, more like a precaution against boosting the treble too much.

Thanks a lot for this advice :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”