Looking for a good, cheap Analog Oscilloscope

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

puremusic wrote: ↑Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:09 pm I think the EZ brand ones have a nice look to them. With old plastic like that you can sometimes brighten it back to white with hydrogen peroxide and some sunshine too.

I had a great photographer quality CRT monitor in the past called the Electron Blue III, I still miss the quality of it, the tube just slowly dimmed and died.
Yeah, it's weird, for some odd reason I almost like the weathered look of these oscilloscopes, rather than bright white ones.

Check out electric surplus store (b+m or virtual) usually they are the best place to look for an old scope.

You can cut out or at least edit the previous post that you are replying to. It makes for neater and more compact posts. 🙂
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Ah, ok, thanks!

CrystalWizard wrote: ↑Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:35 pm
The only B+M Electronics store I could find in Google Maps was (there was also only one, no others I could find) in Indiana, and I live nooowhere near Indiana, lol, I live in North Carolina.
I also can't find any Virtual Electronics store, is there any other name in it that can narrow the search?

I saw a cheaper version of the first model you were interested on ebay the other day, open box condition. But if you're holding out for the B+K model you saw, I'm sure another one in the condition you want will turn up eventually for sale. I've waited months for very rare music gear at the right price -- it turns up if you're patient and keep an eye out, nevermind oscilloscopes.

I usually look for mint/excellent level stuff, but if you're looking for a retro/weathered look to things that is a good style too if it fits and will sure open up your options and lower the price! :D
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
whitepianos.blogspot.com

Try electronic test equipment surplus. Most b n m store would ship it, too
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Ah, ok, thanks.

puremusic wrote: ↑Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 am I saw a cheaper version of the first model you were interested on ebay the other day, open box condition. But if you're holding out for the B+K model you saw, I'm sure another one in the condition you want will turn up eventually for sale. I've waited months for very rare music gear at the right price -- it turns up if you're patient and keep an eye out, nevermind oscilloscopes.

I usually look for mint/excellent level stuff, but if you're looking for a retro/weathered look to things that is a good style too if it fits and will sure open up your options and lower the price! :D
Interesting, thanks!

puremusic wrote: ↑Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 am I saw a cheaper version of the first model you were interested on ebay the other day, open box condition. But if you're holding out for the B+K model you saw, I'm sure another one in the condition you want will turn up eventually for sale. I've waited months for very rare music gear at the right price -- it turns up if you're patient and keep an eye out, nevermind oscilloscopes.

Ok, I searched for the oscilloscope, there are two other ones that I could find, but they are both labelled as parts-only.

whitepianos.blogspot.com

Bit of a scuff above the monitor part of one of the ones, I just noticed this time, otherwise looks fine. Since more than one's available, looks like there're different pictures of different but same models in the listing. There're cheaper Elenco S-1325s listings too, just a lot more worn.
whitepianos.blogspot.com

puremusic wrote: ↑Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 am Bit of a scuff above the monitor part of one of the ones, I just noticed this time, otherwise looks fine. Since more than one's available, looks like there're different pictures of different but same models in the listing. There're cheaper Elenco S-1325s listings too, just a lot more worn.
Cool.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”