Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 pm
JoeCat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 amThe Odyssey was a bit more complicated by the small switches and (IMHO) a slightly more convoluted layout, but you could get used to it.
Interestingly, the Odyssey's layout was designed so that it would be much easier to patch on stage, so instead of grouping everything as it relates to the signal path, they tried to put things close to each other that you are likely to want to change at the same time. I'm not sure they achieved their aim, I still find it mighty confusing.
Interfaces gonna be subjective, but, for example, I couldn't get along with the oscillator waveform selection being in the mixer. Could make sense (like you said - what you want to change grouped together), just always weird to me.
BONES wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 pm
JoeCat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 amBut in the 80s, playing with a DX7 (LMAO at THAT without patch memory!), Matrix 6, Casio CZ etc. - no way. We used vastly different patches often within the same track.
Yeah and I'll bet your music was all the better for it.
Yeah - bad enough we had the DX7 marimba in the verses; no one wanted to hear it in the chorus :D

Talking about iconic. Here is a nice bassline from Daft Punk. You get the notes if you want to have a go but more so the video shows you how to sequence the 303.

Notice that all 3 iconic synths in the video have been cloned by now by Behringer.

https://youtu.be/W1cpim5EAqI
Last edited by Stefken on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rob_lee wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm
acid alex wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm Never mind found them and ordered :-)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/keyboards-p ... ynthesizer
Looks like we got a bargain, the price has gone up now to £129. Had an email from them this morning accepting the order :tu:
Yeah BUT I just went to order the other 2 at £99 but they put the prices up to £129 c**ts :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you get to purchase them at 99 or 129 now, even though you got the preorder in at 99?

VitaminD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:03 am
rob_lee wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm
acid alex wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm Never mind found them and ordered :-)

Looks like we got a bargain, the price has gone up now to £129. Had an email from them this morning accepting the order :tu:
Yeah BUT I just went to order the other 2 at £99 but they put the prices up to £129 c**ts :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you get to purchase them at 99 or 129 now, even though you got the preorder in at 99?
I guess by law a shop has to sell a product at the price that it is presented?
So if the label shows 99, and you buy it, it's yours at that price, right?

JoeCat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:58 pmInterfaces gonna be subjective, but, for example, I couldn't get along with the oscillator waveform selection being in the mixer. Could make sense (like you said - what you want to change grouped together), just always weird to me.
Yeah, me too. I always found it strange that it was like that to make things easy but you have to think back to when it was first made - the conventions we take for granted today didn't really exist so it wouldn't have been as big a hassle to adapt.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I still wondering how they archived it, to create such really good sounding hardware clones (with modular in/outs as well) for such a bargain pricing... just alone that, deserves great respect for Berhinger i think. I never really wanted to buy a 303 hardware clone, but now, mhhmm i`m thinking about it :P

For the reasonable price and similar workflow to the original TB-303, I plan to order two TD-3 synths this week. I am sure they will come in handy for some projects, but its doubtful I will keep them setup on a regular basis in my studio.

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 am
toonertik wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:46 pmActually, it's an instrument.. I patch it and play it.
No, if you "play", it's a toy.
If you have a big elephant trumpet, you patch it and work it.

Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 am I guess by law a shop has to sell a product at the price that it is presented?
Not necessarily in the UK, at least. Depends what is meant by "you buy it".

If I recall correctly, advertising a price is not an "offer" and typically the customer offers to buy at that (or another) price. The shop is free to decline that offer, and a contract only exists if they accept it.

(I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, etc.)

imrae wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 am
Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 am I guess by law a shop has to sell a product at the price that it is presented?

If I recall correctly, advertising a price is not an "offer" and typically the customer offers to buy at that (or another) price. The shop is free to decline that offer, and a contract only exists if they accept it.

Correct. The price is referred to as an “invitation to treat”.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

VitaminD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:03 am Do you get to purchase them at 99 or 129 now, even though you got the preorder in at 99?
Nope! Went back the following evening to order 2 more and price went up to £129. The previous purchase was ok tho

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am

Where did you see that?

I did pay for it, so a transaction has occurred.
I got an e-mail with "Your Order #48794568745whatever Is Confirmed".

Are you saying this has no value?
I won't make too much of a fuss about 30 euro, but this is somewhat deceptive.

Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am

Where did you see that?
In my legal studies ;)
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

If £99 has been taken then they'll honour your order :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am
If £99 has been taken then they'll honour your order :tu:
:tu: Absolutely love your sounddesign, by the way. :clap: :phones:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”