Mono Unbalanced TS/XLR to Stereo Unbalanced TRS?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Behringer HA6000, I would like to feed the aux inputs of each channel with mono signals from my interface.

The issue is the aux inputs of the HA6000 are Stereo TRS unbalanced, but the outputs of my interface are Mono TRS balanced. So currently if I plug a TRS cable from my interface to the HA6000s aux in, i only hear the signal on the left.

I created a frankenstein cable out of a bunch of connectors I had lying around and discovered that if i plug a mono unbalanced TS into my interface, which feeds a splitter which creates 2 unbalanced TS, then combine that back into a stereo unbalanced TRS, it works as I need, the aux input gets the same signal down both left and right. However it took like 4 bits n pieces of connectors/joiners/adapters.

Is there a cable that just does this all? eg one end is a mono TS unbalanced, the other end is a stereo TRS unbalanced, and whatever goes in the mono end comes out the same on both the left and right of the stereo end?

Or can I make a cable to do this? Im not against trying to solder it myself

theres y cables.
two mono to one stereo.

I dont want to use 2 mono channels on my interface (dont have enough outs to do that for all 6 channels of my HA6000), I want to use 1 mono channel to create a stereo channel with the same signal on either side

Someone else suggested something like this should work:
https://hosatech.com/products/analog-au ... s/cmp-100/

I would have to use a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter on the stereo TRS end, unless anyone knows of another cable that is the same as the Hosa CMP-100 but has 1/4" on both ends?

ah sorry, i misread.

im not sure to be honest, not something ive tried.
but that one you link to looks to be right, aside from the plug size.
an adapter wont degrade the signal by any noticeable amount.

Ok ye I was worried the adapter would impact signal quality... but ye I will try that Hosa cable

Dunno where to look for them anymore but radio shack used to sell little molded adapter plugs with female unbal stereo in the same piece of plastic with a male mono unbal TS. I think they made em the reverse way too, stereo male and mono female. I have a few of em in my adapter drawer bought decades ago.

Surely other sources than radio shack? Parts Express sells lots of that kind of stuff--
https://www.parts-express.com

Such plugs are just compact little Y cables except they don't have any cable. Splitting 1 out to 2 ins isn't likely to give trouble.

Nothing wrong with the Frankenstein collection of several adapters as you described except it is messy and some of those cheap adapters like to get flakey/intermittent over time.

Rather than solder up adapter splitter cables, long ago I made a few simple boxes. Little 2 inch cube aluminum chassis, drill 4 or 6 holes mount female jacks. Solder all the jacks in parallel and close up the box.

Such simple splitter/merge box isn't expensive and are near indestructible. More rugged/durable than cheap pre molded splitter cables.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”