how to know what midi controllers support ableton midi out remote?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I ame working on a live setup with ableton, using various midi controlers. It is important for us to have automated changes in ableton to be reflected back to the controller. For example so that a momentary pad light on my keyboard turns on, when in ableton a midi mapped parameter is turned on.

however I find very little information what contollers support this. I have a korg nanokey studio, which does not seem to support this, even though I have midi output track and remote = on. Also the Akai LPD8 does not support it. Only the midi fighter does work in this department. Does anybody know a portable 25 keys midi keyboard with 8 or more pads that can be set to momentary CC and has the possibility to receive from ableton the mapped parameter setting? I a was looking at the
Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 but the pads seem to only be customizable as note midi drumpads (not toggle).

I think the Novation ReMote SL does what you ask ... it has a row of 8 buttons with a screen. There's PUSH2 as well (obviously).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”