Roland MC-707 & 101 Grooveboxes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rob_lee wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:03 pm I was just about to watch some p*rn but now that’s no longer necessary.
Oh KYRA

128 Poly :D
Stream all 8 parts via USB :o
FX to die for, having a few days off before I get stuck in Mushy so will post audio as I go if I have time. Gonna be busy with this newest official release version of Kyra
Oh fvck off :lol:

I was supposed to be doing some of the factory content for Manuel before Waldorf got involved :x

tehlord wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

I was supposed to be doing some of the factory content for Manuel before Waldorf got involved :x
Factory content isn't done yet just ask them ? I don't think I need any more synths just now with Quantum and Kyra supplying some fantastic sound.. maybe another drum machine tho as you know I like my drum machines haha.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 pm
rob_lee wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:03 pm I was just about to watch some p*rn but now that’s no longer necessary.
Oh KYRA

128 Poly :D
Stream all 8 parts via USB :o
FX to die for, having a few days off before I get stuck in Mushy so will post audio as I go if I have time. Gonna be busy with this newest official release version of Kyra
Dying to hear it. I’ve held off buying another Virus for this.
5 minutes after switching this on I knew I wouldn't buy any Virus again Mushy.. I have only had it 30 minutes with headphones but f**king f**k ME PINK.. You could just add a drum machine and jam with KYRA and that's it.. 128 poly as I said. FX per part x 5
I need more time with this as I'm just messing about with a sound but yeah I'd buy it mate :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:16 pm
tehlord wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Factory content isn't done yet just ask them ? I don't think I need any more synths just now with Quantum and Kyra supplying some fantastic sound.. maybe another drum machine tho as you know I like my drum machines haha.
Nah I can't keep up with the stuff I already have to do, and Waldorf is a pretty closed group.

I still might get another digital but I now have the Virus Polar, Peak, JD990 and I still have the Montage. I might get a Kyra...if you can convince me with some decent demos....

Does the audio over USB work like the Virus or do you have to select it as a soundcard?

tehlord wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:21 pm
Does the audio over USB work like the Virus or do you have to select it as a soundcard?
Either/Or :D

I'll tell you more this coming week :tu:

I would be very interested in hearing how the DAW integration works, especially if you don't have to select it as an audio card on PC.

MC 707 paired with the arp from a JDXI is awesome. i hope they update the groovebox to include this arp.

this combo killed off (or at least quelled) my KYRA gas. does look sweet though.

the MC 707 is excellent. really easy to get something nice going.

rubez wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm the MC 707 is excellent. really easy to get something nice going.
Unfortunately with only 8 scenes and no song mode that’s all it’s really good for.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

I found myself thinking, ooh would be nice when my cats have me immobilized in the couch... my GAS glands started pumping... before long I was thinking of new ways to rob a bank...
acid alex wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am Unfortunately with only 8 scenes and no song mode that’s all it’s really good for.
phew, thanks, I needed that.

acid alex wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am
rubez wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm the MC 707 is excellent. really easy to get something nice going.
Unfortunately with only 8 scenes and no song mode that’s all it’s really good for.
16 scenes.

flares wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm
16 scenes.
I stand corrected, but still not enough for anything except jamming. I usually use at least 24 scenes in Ableton or Maschine to create a song. But with no song mode I guess this is all irrelevant.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Just finished hooking up my MC-707 to the MPC X for some auto sampling. Then I'll use the MPC to trigger the MC

Rob

acid alex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 am
flares wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm
16 scenes.
I stand corrected, but still not enough for anything except jamming. I usually use at least 24 scenes in Ableton or Maschine to create a song. But with no song mode I guess this is all irrelevant.
Nonsense. Many many producers can easily make a song with 16 scenes, especially with how the clips work (you can use a new sound in each clip) And song mode would be nice (word is its coming) but its not irrelevant without it.

What is the best MC-707 tutorial/overview of the featureset?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm What is the best MC-707 tutorial/overview of the featureset?
There isn't one you just have to learn it yourself it's easier :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”