Roland Jupiter X and XM (new synths)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:07 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:36 am
BONES wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 pmI'll take the Behringer stuff over any of that crap everyday
Maybe if someone gave it to you but I can't see you putting your hand in your pocket for any of it.
of course not, i dont need any of it. I have more stuff than I need right now. If I had stupid amounts of time and money, I'd buy loads of stuff to noodle around with for fun, but i dont have either.
some volcas and a mini battery mixer, set of cans.
can noodle in between casting and getting a bite :tu:
(unless its fly fishing of course...)
its an interesting idea, but im on the move too much on the river, i dont sit on a lake all day in the same spot.... and its way too much of a water damage risk, I'm quite clumsy :hihi:

Orbit-50 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:13 pm I've waited a long, long time for it, but I'll never be able to buy a real "flagship workstation" made by Roland. It will never exist at this rate.
You can always buy a flagship workstaion from yesteryear like I did, a Roland XV88.

Although I guess the strict definition of flagship is for it to be current.

I paid very little for mine, and with Kontakt Grandeur piano or Pianoteq its acceptable. I tend to use its original dated internal sounds a lot straight to audio. Patch 008 "Grand XV" is ok for a hack like me.

BONES wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am
jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pmThe Neutron is not expensive but it has a brilliant sound. It gives me what I was looking for in my first round with a fully modular system and it more than holds its own amongst the competition.
For just a little more than a Neutron I could have an IK Uno synth plus a Modal Craft Synth 2.0. That's a great sounding analogue synth plus a brilliant wavetable synth, both with keyboards of their own, great portability and all the conveniences of modern synths - programmable sequencer, patch memory, VSTi editor/librarian, etc., or a slab of uselessness that can't even recall sounds. A 4 voice Minilogue isn't much more expensive than a Neutron.

If you want a cheap entry into modular synths, there is always the Volca Micro-Modular for half the price of a Neutron.
I would hardly consider a synth that does not have patch recall as a slab of uselessness as I am sure the rather large number of modular users would agree, but each to their own.. If I find a particularly sweet sound that I may want to use later, out with the phone, click and it is saved forever. However, that is hardly the point really when using (semi)modular synths though. I was not looking for a cheap introduction to modular, I have been down the long, dark and expensive burrow of Eurorack, but never really found the sound I was looking for. I'm sure it was there but I probably went in too hard and bought far too much gear before learning each part well enough. The Neutron is a very happy medium of giving me enormous flexibility, an accessible "wall of sound" with a lot of heft, enough patchability to not get board anytime soon in a compact and well priced package for what it brings to the table. I have plenty of keyboards in the studio and really don't need nor want to play with the likes of the Modal or IK "keyboards". I have owned a Minilogue, hated it's keys, sold it, never missed it.

So a few useless people won't think a useless synth is useless. Makes sense, I suppose, but most of us like to be able to play our favourite songs more than once.
chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:29 am I still don't agree about Behinger though. I don't even think it competes much with what the respective companies are offering. If you take the Model D, for example, the Moog guys will still buy Moog hardware. If only for the name tag on the device. :)
It's the KORG stuff I don't get because Behringer's Odyssey and MS-20 clones will absolutely eat into KORG's sales. I reckon they will kill both those products dead.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

no bones, dont worry, no one thinks your choices are useless :hug:
they're just not the right choices for everyone, we are not all you.
that would be one moody planet if we all were :lol:

and dont call me useless now, or ill pull the disablist card on you :P

BONES wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 am So a few useless people won't think a useless synth is useless.
Were you picked on a a child?

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:24 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 am So a few useless people won't think a useless synth is useless.
Were you picked on a a child?
nope. it's just apa*

* = authentic punk attitude.
available online or at nearby stores.

And I thought it might have been GOMS*

*=Grumpy Old Man Syndrome (to which I totally relate)

:lol: Sounds about right ...

i thought that was you just being aussie and having to live with everything trying to kill you one way or another? even bloody snails ffs!
i dont think anywhere else in the world has snails to be scared of?
enough to make anyone grumpy.

Turns out the African Land Snail is extremely poisonous ... It can kill humans and fish.

https://www.africanlandsnails.com/blog/ ... ng-near-it

Honestly, it's not that bad. Our wee beasties are just misunderstood. They just need a cuddle and told they are a good boy and they calm the feck down....maybe that's all Bones needs.

:hug: There you go bonesy wonesy, it's OK. You be a good boy and play nice with the other synth nerds

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 pm Turns out the African Land Snail is extremely poisonous ... It can kill humans and fish.

:o
well, that's africa off my list of places i can visit.
can kill fish swimming near it :o
least the aussie one expects you to stand on it.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 pm Turns out the African Land Snail is extremely poisonous ... It can kill humans and fish.

I'm more concerned for snails social standing based on the location of their anus above their face. Getting shit faced as a snail is not quite as fun as it is for humans.

The good thing about snails is that they are easily outrun. I find the attitude to Australia quite strange. We don't have bears. FFS, bears! Those things can tear your freakin' head off. The only thing I've ever worried about in the bush is rats. Common, garden variety Rattus Norvegicus, probably brought here from England. They'll chew through your tent and your back-pack to get at your food and I know people who have woken up with them in their sleeping bags. f**k that!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”