Roland Jupiter X and XM (new synths)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw this on Facebook. Looks rather tasty 8)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/rol ... d-new.html

On paper sounds good, but the actual hardware looks somewhat underwhelming. I guess you'd need a lot of menu-diving and secret key combinations to access all the features listed.
Looking forward to show-and-tell video.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I really wonder how many times Roland wants to sell remakes of their classic synths. As many times as those sell, i guess. ;)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 am On paper sounds good, but the actual hardware looks somewhat underwhelming. I guess you'd need a lot of menu-diving and secret key combinations to access all the features listed.
Looking forward to show-and-tell video.
Actually it seems quite intuitive and easy to use, without a lot of menu diving.

3 octaves slim keys. What's that all about?

Aliens wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:10 pm 3 octaves slim keys. What's that all about?
The "X" model has 61 full size keys with aftertouch but other than that, the sound engine is the same.

From a quick glance the Xm looks nice. It's like getting most of the Boutiques in a better package. Tad pricey though.
Image Image Image Image

If I were Roland, I would not have reused the name Jupiter for digital synths.
It sounds very good, but it is not what the name Jupiter implies. There are various other planets for naming gear after.

Has Roland given up on its combined mod and bend lever?
Last edited by e-crooner on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprnva wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:48 pm From a quick glance the Xm looks nice. It's like getting most of the Boutiques in a better package. Tad pricey though.
Except that the jx3P is replaced with jx8P instead :)
I already own the system 1 and 8, sh101, Sh2, juno 106, jx3P and the jv 1080 srx dance plugin.
I Also have a bunch og extra banks for the jv too.
And a jdxi :love:

But i still want this one Since it has Everything in one box and would fit well into my setup.

One day my plugins might stop working because of a os update or other things but the hw will still work.

I also want the juno 60/106 boutique.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

analogue filters? you sure? analogue modelled he said...

they sound excelent, and i think XM is just amazing, and might be the best what i heard from the AAA Batteries synths ever, but the price :((
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Is this kind of a JD-XI and System-8 successor? The hardware looks like it has some advantages over the System-8 like:

1. 61 keys
2. Aftertouch
3. Wheels (God I hate the trigger/bender only)
4. Colors (the System-8 is oppressively boring to look at)
5. No green
6. End caps

So kudos to them for seemingly trying to address some of the stuff System-8 owners have been complaining about. The downside is the shared parameters compared to the (almost entirely) 1:1 control of the System-8. It also looks huge (not just length, but depth and thickness*).

*just made another appearance in the quoted out of context thread. :lol:

Sounds like the JX-8P and a new Juno will be hitting the Roland Cloud service in the coming months.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”