Waldorf Kyra UK release

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cnt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 pm Blofeld sounds amazing but I rarely used it because it lacked a good VST gui to program it.. was long time ago tho. Does Blofeld have a fully working non buggy VST gui now?

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/pr ... itor-plug/

I haven't seen any mention of a GUI for the Kyra (I am thinking of the Modal app's/web-pages as a comparison) ... Rob might know? (Don't know if you can tell though! )
Andertons listed for pre-orders because the UK distributors understood Waldorf supply arriving in next few weeks... they are also aware (in the light of Quantum) that Waldorf-weeks may be different to most people's weeks.

Sweetwater doesn't even have a page for the Kyra yet

Mystery Islands are building the official editor...
https://www.facebook.com/mysteryislands ... =3&theater

As a big Waldorf fan, I am very much looking forward to the Kyra release in the US. Although I do not need anymore synths, this instrument is a definite future purchase. However, I will probably wait until after the new year in order to address other studio needs.

I wonder if future Kyra updates and bug fixes will be handled by the original developer and/or by waldorf
No info if he's now actually working for waldorf or not , and he is the only guy who knows the kyra inside out
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I really hope they won't keep the unreadable black letters on dark blue background silkscreen for some parameters... I don't know what the hell Axel Hartmann was thinking there...

Just had a delivery of a new release KYRA here she is.. time for sound design, fill up the ROM..
But first a weekend off :tu:

Dimensions

580 x 170 x 400

Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Kyra all set up for sound design.. Using the MS-1 as midi KB to save some space

Are you allowed to comment? Post audio?

pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:20 pm Are you allowed to comment? Post audio?
I'm too busy at the moment doing the sounds but i'll post audio when I have plenty sounds. I'm not allowed to post the manual or anything until the official release. Kyra does sound absolutely fantastic tho. :tu:

Just realized that Waldorf uploaded a new Kyra video (with final sound):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HafV6CGS43Y

I have a newbie question, can I use this along with my UA Apollo as my audio interface. Whenever I tried to use Elektron synths with overbridge I could never get them to work in ableton unless I used the unit as my audio interface.

crackpanther wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm I have a newbie question, can I use this along with my UA Apollo as my audio interface. Whenever I tried to use Elektron synths with overbridge I could never get them to work in ableton unless I used the unit as my audio interface.
Multiple audio interfaces is a problem for ASIO protocol.
WDM can though, and some tools like ASIO4ALL also can do multiple ASIO but performance could be flawed.

So don't use usb is my tip - use audio outs from gear to audio inputs on audio interface. Usb use, create a new interface each one.

At the time I did not have enough inputs on audio interface I got a simple patch bay in rack - and route everything through there. I usually don't need more than one sounding external gear in realtime at a time.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”