AKAI Fire for FL Studio

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fire seems to be in offer of 99e. Those who have bought it, have you find it usefull or added it to your workflow? Or is it just collecting dust and you are back with swinging mouse?

Wondering the same. I've used FL Studio for a looong time, but wondering if this could be actually useful. I'm not really a hands-on type when it comes to making music. I like the mouse and keyboard, but maybe this could be easy to use?

I have bought it but i bought it after i watched tutorials and overview so i already saw how useful it would be to me. If it will be useful to you check tutorials, tips and tricks first and give a thought if it will be usefil.

Main reasons why i bought it:
1. I have 61 key MIDI keyboard in front of me but when i need to audition the sound i have to lean forward. After some time that gives small back pain.
2. It has note mode
3. Fire ss small so it sits on my left to the computer keyboard to quickly audition the sounds.
4. Its mapped out of the box to FL
5. It has mixer mapping and when i do volume balance, that rotor encoder is very very handy
6. It has overview maping to audition every sound chanel
7. Because its LEDs are bright and i use alot of chanels in the rack (100+) i sometimes accidently turn off needed chanels and because of leds its easier to see when swiping thro.

I actually ordered it next day after posting. Thought that I have to try it myself. I placed order 21th and got mail that they will send tracking code. After that nothing. I have mailed to couple akai sales and support addresses but no answers. Hopefully it it on its way.

Thanks for reviews... I watched lot of reviews and tutorials but most were first hand experiences. So, just wanted to hear if you had found use it on daily work.

At that price, it's handy. My problem with it was that I just CAN'T get on with FL Studio. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just easier to use virtually any other DAW for me.

It's built really well, it's great for slice beat making and the controllers are very fluid and functional.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”