Elektron suggestions and/or alternatives

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been toying with the idea of integrating an Analog Rytm MKII into my DAW based setup. I previously had an Analog Keys and Virus Ti, but the pair of them created so much latency in my DAW I got rid of them. What kind of latency does the Overbridge 2 plugin add for Rytm MKII these days?

To the OP - so how did it go with the Analog Rytm + Heat? You happy?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:58 pm To the OP - so how did it go with the Analog Rytm + Heat? You happy?

/C
I had to return the Rytm to Guitar Center because the pads needed to be calibrated. I decided to get it new from Sweetwater with a pretty good combo deal (they threw in the carrying bag and dust cover for free and cut me a deal on the price as well). In the meantime, I'm really digging into my Digitakt.

dangayle wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:36 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:58 pm To the OP - so how did it go with the Analog Rytm + Heat? You happy?

/C
I had to return the Rytm to Guitar Center because the pads needed to be calibrated. I decided to get it new from Sweetwater with a pretty good combo deal (they threw in the carrying bag and dust cover for free and cut me a deal on the price as well). In the meantime, I'm really digging into my Digitakt.
Cool! You really went full in on Elektron :)

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:04 am Cool! You really went full in on Elektron :)

/C
More than that. Told my wife I'm paying for my 40s with the fruits of my 20s, so I've sold/selling quite a bit of guitar and drum gear. The full list is embarrassing.

I've been making electronic music for about 5 years now, so I know it's not a fad. I also know I want to get off the computer, since I'm a web developer by trade and I get sick of looking at screens.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:30 pm I consider the Analog Rytm MKII one of the greatest electronic instruments of all time. Sound wise, it's got IT. And having a song mode is important to me...
I'm going to have to revisit the Rytm MKII. I've got no Elektron gear and have considered getting an OT or an A4 but this seems... interesting. I have and use my Maschine MK3 lots, what do you think would complement it best?

After using my Rytm for a while, especially after the recent firmware update, I agree with all points made about it. I can techno with basically just this on its own, I basically don’t use my Digitakt at all, and the Digitone is great for pads and stabs and rolling digital psytrance-style basslines.

My next step is to learn to use them all in Overbridge.

I own three of the four you have listed.... The A4 & Octatrack are my favorites.

Look at the Gotharman LD-3 ... in it's latest firmware update it's comparable to a Digitakt + Digitone ... exciting instrument!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”