Gilmore guitars sell for $21M

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm People with money scare me.
spiders scare me.
spiders with money would freak me right out :o
BOO!

argh!

c**t!

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm argh!

c**t!
:hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:55 am
AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm The most impressive thing in all of this is that a single guitar sold for nearly $4M.
Yeah, but look at how it was used. There are probably only a small handful of guitars in the world that are as iconic as that one.
This doesn't make it even an average guitar, spec-wise and sound-wise. It was played by a talented man, the guitar itself is irrelevant.

perfumer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:29 pm
AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm The most impressive thing in all of this is that a single guitar sold for nearly $4M.
Yeah, but look at how it was used. There are probably only a small handful of guitars in the world that are as iconic as that one.
This doesn't make it even an average guitar, spec-wise and sound-wise. It was played by a talented man, the guitar itself is irrelevant.
You could say that about Leonardo da Vinci's paintbrush, but I'll bet that no one would throw that in the trash because some of the bristles are worn out.

perfumer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:29 pm
im not sure the man himself is allowed to be displayed in a glass case though.

you think this is bad, many years ago, there was a show about tribute acts on tv.
the hendrix guy, did the setting fire to the strat bit on stage.
then auctioned off a squire strat for around a 1000 quid.
200 quids worth of guitar played by a white dude dressed as jimi, went for nearly a grand.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm People with money scare me.
spiders scare me.
spiders with money would freak me right out :o

eek!

why are you all picking on me? :cry:

vurt wrote:you think this is bad, many years ago, there was a show about tribute acts on tv.
the hendrix guy, did the setting fire to the strat bit on stage.
then auctioned off a squire strat for around a 1000 quid.
200 quids worth of guitar played by a white dude dressed as jimi, went for nearly a grand.
I think I would have offered two grand to set fire to the guy who thought that was a good idea

I understand the 'logic' behind this price very well. It's still an average guitar, though. And some parts were changed in the 80's - pickups and stuff. So it says on the item page at cristies. Which makes it not authentic, sorry!

I'm sure the super fan who bought it knows all that and is pleased, not sure why you feel this would bother anyone here :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

If you've shelled out 4 mil for an 'iconic' guitar that IS NOT what it used to be back then when and DOES NOT sound the same, and this is OK for you, then by all means, mate, pat yourself on the back.

I'm mentioning this just as a curiosity, though, to further illustrate the 'logic'. Who would be bothered, IDK.... can you speak for everyone here?

I'm not speaking for anyone, that's my point...if someone forks out 4 million for a guitar I'm gonna just go ahead and assume he knew what he was getting into, if he didn't it surely aint my problem. What that has to do with anyone here I have no clue, why are you peeing on the parade? You have nothing better to do today then to tell us that the 4 million dollar guitar wasn't really worth 4 million dollars :lol:...you sure get hung up on how other people spend their money.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

he probably will get gilmore popping round to give him a quick "show".
im sure the guy read the same info you did before shelling out 4mil :shrug:

would i personally? not even if i had 4 million lay around spare :shrug:
but only because i believe instruments are for playing, not for ornamentation. not sure id be willing to risk 4mills worth of guitar to even the most reliable strap, and dinking it would be criminal :o

but people buy all sorts of things, some buy guitars they'll never play, some buy books from authors claiming to be aliens :shrug:
the worlds a weird and wonderful place :ud:
celebrate, don't denigrate!

Hink wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 pm if someone forks out 4 million for a guitar I'm gonna just go ahead and assume he knew what he was getting into
I would go ahead and assume he was a MUG and someone seen him coming Hink :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”