Gilmore guitars sell for $21M

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A friend of mine shared that on facebook earlier. He sold his main black strat, it fetched nearly 4 million, and is now the highest selling guitar ever. :phones:

Instruments, meant to be played, will be put in glass coffins as status symbols for people with more money than brains--or talent.

I wouldn't have minded the Martin D-35, though. I'd play it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

is he short of cash?

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:07 pm is he short of cash?
No, all the money goes to a charity.

But has he got any guitars left to play with?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

He says he's got lots.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm surprised that the double neck steel guitar only went for $50k - that was used on a ton of really well known tracks. Guess steel guitars don't have the same iconic feel that regular guitars have.
Last edited by Forgotten on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worth every penny.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:07 pm is he short of cash?
No, all the money goes to a charity.

But has he got any guitars left to play with?
Not charity, the "climate change" scam. There, I said it.

smfh.

ok...stopping this in it's tracks right now, keep hpc material out of the conversation or start another thread in hpc
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The most impressive thing in all of this is that a single guitar sold for nearly $4M.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm The most impressive thing in all of this is that a single guitar sold for nearly $4M.
Yeah, but look at how it was used. There are probably only a small handful of guitars in the world that are as iconic as that one.

People with money scare me.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm People with money scare me.
spiders scare me.
spiders with money would freak me right out :o

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”