Isla Instruments SP-2400 (Modern EMU SP-1200)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

A modernized EMU SP-1200 product is planned to hit the market by Isla Instruments:

https://www.islainstruments.com/product/sp-2400/

Although it is doubtful that I will place a pre-order, I am interested to see how this product performs in the market and to read the product reviews after its release. Overall, as a big EMU SP-1200 fan, it is surely on my list for future purchase consideration.

I’m pretty excited about this. If it sounds decent and succeeds at recapturing everything that was good about the SP-1200 workflow, I think it will be a winner. The looper mode is also an intriguing bonus.

For those who aren’t already aware, there is also another competing project underway to make a modern recreation of the SP-1200. Search for “Low Hiss” on Instagram or Gearslutz. That one seems like it may be more faithful to the original in terms of sampling artifacts and the analog signal chain. Which of the two products ends up being more fun to use is another matter, and that remains to be seen.

I need another sampler like I... well, no, I really don’t. But I’m still likely to get one or possibly even both of these.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:58 amI’m pretty excited about this. If it sounds decent and succeeds at recapturing everything that was good about the SP-1200 workflow, I think it will be a winner.
I agree, and hope the SP-2400 meets or exceeds the expectations of customers.
deastman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:58 am For those who aren’t already aware, there is also another competing project underway to make a modern recreation of the SP-1200. Search for “Low Hiss” on Instagram or Gearslutz.
Thanks for the information. I was unaware of another SP-1200 project underway.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”