Push 2 Questions

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

There's a couple of questions I have about Push 2. Tonight I finally got to plug the hardware in and have a play, it's great how Live instantly recognises Push 2 yay! However I have 2 questions so far baring in mind I've only had Push 2 switched on an hour or so.

1 - How do I delete clips from the Push 2 hardware?
2 - How do I map 3rd party plugin parameters from within the Push 2 hardware? (so far no joy on this unless I press the mouse and configure from Live)

Both above questions are being asked because I really don't want to use the mouse so please tell me the above can be done from within the hardware :o :lol:

I'll spend a few more hours messing about, so far this is a lovely looking bit of gear but pleeeeeeese tell me I don't have to use a mouse and keyboard lol

Rob

update.. sussed out question 1

Hold down active clip pad on Push 2 and delete :D

Unfortunately, you can’t map parameters from Push itself. However, you only have to do this once for each of your plugins from within Live. After you configured them, just right click in the menu bar of the device window, and click “save as default”

As an aside, there is an option to auto map parameters in Live, but it doesn’t really work well because most have so many that it’s of little use. I would recommend assigning them once by hand anyway, so that your most used ones are the first 8, corresponding with the first bank on your Push.

BDeep wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 pm Unfortunately, you can’t map parameters from Push itself. However, you only have to do this once for each of your plugins from within Live. After you configured them, just right click in the menu bar of the device window, and click “save as default”

As an aside, there is an option to auto map parameters in Live, but it doesn’t really work well because most have so many that it’s of little use. I would recommend assigning them once by hand anyway, so that your most used ones are the first 8, corresponding with the first bank on your Push.

Thanks for that mate, I'm loving Live and Push :tu:

Is anyone using Push 2 to control their hardware drum machines?
I'm wanting to make a drum rack in Live 10 Suite and assign Tanzbar 2 drums to pads on Push 2, is this possible?

Cheers

Rob

I'm not using any HW drum machines. But the way to do this is to insert the "external instrument" in each of the pads of the drumrack from which you want a sound of your Tanzbar to trigger.
In the external instrument chose the right midi channel, select the audio input on which you have connected the machine and off you go. Don't forget to set the right midi note for the pad so it corresponds with the note the HW expects.

Hope this is clear enough to get you going :)

You can do it with one external instrument also.
Create an empty drumrack and insert the external instrument.
In the chain for the external instrument set receive to "all".

I don't know if it was a firmware update, but in the last couple months my Push 2 has many more mappings for 3rd party plugins (including multiple banks) than it did before.

voodoo99 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:52 pm You can do it with one external instrument also.
Create an empty drumrack and insert the external instrument.
In the chain for the external instrument set receive to "all".
Yep, you're right, you can, but the advantage of using multiple is to utilise the drumrack a bit better (ie, one sound per pad), plus, if you have enough audio inputs, you can even process the different sounds independently.

Have you figured out how to load samples into push 2 into simpler? That drove me crazy
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thanks for the suggestions I may have to place an external instrument on each drum rack pad for this to work will try it later thanks a lot :tu:

Been messing about with Push 2 tonight. I connected the MFB Tanzbar 2 up and I can control it via Push 2 however what I want to do is have the knobs on Push 2 control the midi cc values from the Tanzbar 2 but I can't seem to do it.
So far I can only automate the drum machine within the clips but I want to assign these cc's to Macros...Is there a M4L device that can do this? STUCK! :cry:

Thanks

rob_lee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:32 pm Hey all,

There's a couple of questions I have about Push 2. Tonight I finally got to plug the hardware in and have a play, it's great how Live instantly recognises Push 2 yay! However I have 2 questions so far baring in mind I've only had Push 2 switched on an hour or so.

1 - How do I delete clips from the Push 2 hardware?
2 - How do I map 3rd party plugin parameters from within the Push 2 hardware? (so far no joy on this unless I press the mouse and configure from Live)

Both above questions are being asked because I really don't want to use the mouse so please tell me the above can be done from within the hardware :o :lol:

I'll spend a few more hours messing about, so far this is a lovely looking bit of gear but pleeeeeeese tell me I don't have to use a mouse and keyboard lol

Rob
Map all the parameters on the push then group the plug in and save the rack. Mappings will be saved

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”