So I bought Trueno synth.. And here's the review!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I've had some success with Cubase but it's been at the expense of Trueno. I hooked up my Zoom U24 and Cubase started working straight away but Trueno stopped working on Komplete Kontrol. Then I went back to ASIO4all and the Behringer mixer and Cubase worked there, except for Trueno.

The next step is to see if I can make Trueno work on my old laptop. The only problem with that is that it only has one USB port so I'll have to basically pull everything apart to get it all plugged in. Very frustrating.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am
ericj23 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:47 am The 1.1 update went into beta a year and a queen ago. It is still in beta. I have the feeling the developer is already disheartened.

I hope not as I like the idea. But......
This is the answer I got:

The beta release will be pretty much the same as the final release. I haven't had any bug reports for it yet so I doubt anything will change apart from the name.

Thanks,
Will

So please look for answers before spreading speculations :hug:

I haven't seen Trueno pretty much anywhere so maybe it's worth for anyone who likes it, to drop an email to Will and thank him for a great product :tu:
I would do so, but I can’t get it working. Live 9.7.7, Reason 10, even Reaper (which I downloaded for debugging purposes) on Mac OS X. When the developer does respond to my emails (usually taking two days) it is to suggest steps I’ve already taken. I asked him merely to see if he could install the plugin on Live 9.7.7 Mac because the plugin is simply not showing up.

I will try loading it in KK or Maschine. Maybe get it working that way.

There were something at the SOS article about it..

Running Trueno On OS 10.9 & 10.10
The Trueno software was originally developed for OS 10.11 onward and Windows 8 onward. You can also make it run on OS 10.9 and 10.10 if you’re prepared to use Terminal to run a file found on the installation disk, and then run a sudo command to disconnect a kernel extension that blocks the Trueno software from connecting to the hardware. This doesn’t always work if other applications are using that extension so, if this proves to be the case, you’ll need to close the conflicting applications and try again. It can be a bit frustrating, but it works. In contrast, there’s no backward compatibility with Windows 7, nor will there be.

Might this help?

Running the latest Mac OS. Thanks though!

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:36 pm Running the latest Mac OS. Thanks though!
Do you have a possibility to test it on a win10 laptop?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:36 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:36 pm Running the latest Mac OS. Thanks though!
Do you have a possibility to test it on a win10 laptop?
Unfortunately no, not for one month at least.

It looks like my problem has solved itself. Everything seems to be working fine tonight, although I am not at home and the Behringer mixer is not in the loop. But with Cubase running on ASIO4all through the laptop soundcard (headphones), the Trueno is working OK. If I get it back home tomorrow and it won't work with the Behringer, then at least I'll know what the problem is. Windows updated itself last night and I suspect that may have been what solved the issue, either directly or indirectly, because today I could "run as administrator" and I ran the Trueno installer for the first time.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

So, I can see Komplete Kontrol and Maschine scan the Trueno Vst but it doesn’t show up as an available plugin.

Leads me to believe it’s a Mojave issue.

Stupid Macs! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:36 pm In contrast, there’s no backward compatibility with Windows 7, nor will there be.[/i]
I asked the developer about Win 7 support when Trueno first came out, as I run Win 7 on my studio DAW and have no plans to change it. He said it wasn't supported and when I pushed him said it simply wouldn't work. I was a bit surprised...

After some success forcing Elekton's Overbridge to work on Win 7 (it's not supposed to work at all) I thought I'd give Trueno a go and can report it installed very easily without issues. Overbridge was some serious work to get it to run.

So it's all fine here on Win 7 and REAPER. The developer really should say something along the lines of "it works but it's not supported" otherwise surely he's cutting off a big potential user base?

Why on Earth would you persist with the worst version of Windows ever?

Hmmm, most people think Win 7 is MS's best OS. You're inviting a big OT debate that's not worth going into on this thread! Suffice to say, it's the fastest, lowest latency, most rock-solid system I've ever used and I've being doing this for a living for 20 odd years. Takes anything I throw at it - no issues. Also interfaces well with various gear of mine, including Firewire Prism Orpheus. So that's a system worth sticking with.

By many accounts, the constantly changing and updating Win 10 is a disaster for pro users.

My point is of course, that Trueno works well here with Win 7, which is surely good news?

Most people are idiots. W7 was just Vista with a bit of makeup applied to make it look pretty. It carried over everything that was bad about Vista, yet everyone fell for the con. W10 uses one-third fewer system resources than W7 so, if performance in paramount, you'd be crazy not to be on W10. I've been doing this even longer than you, I bought my first Windows PC in 1996, and everything about W10 is an improvement on W7, especially the update process. W10 stands head and shoulders above every other OS I have ever used. It is awesome. OTOH, I resisted W7 for as long as I could and got off it onto a Win8 beta at the very first opportunity. Whenever I have to use W7 at work it feels slow and clunky, like something from last century.

"Most people" meaning most pros I know, not randoms on the internet. Like I say, my (custom) system is lightning - YMMV. I've been dicked around enough by Win 10 to give it a wide birth until MS stop treating pro users like consumers. You can't have a foolprof pro system that automatically makes significant changes that screw up drivers etc whenever MS feels like it. I run it on my laptop and see this happening all the time. It's all well documented. Maybe you're using yours offline. Online, it's a disaster. Anyway, looks like you just want an argument but like I say I'm not interested in having that debate here.

Trueno works on Win 7 - rejoice those that care. Others can ignore.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”