So I bought Trueno synth.. And here's the review!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 am Because it's capable of doing a lot more than just drums. Drums are easy, simple things much better handled by samples, instead of wasting a perfectly good synth trying to synthesise them. It's pure bloody-mindedness to waste a Nord Modular on something so inconsequential. If you absolutely have to have your own sounds, make them in a synth, then sample them and put them in a drum machine. That's how I built the drums we used on most of the stuff on our first four albums - made them in Fruityloops, sampled them and then loaded them into kits in Orion's DrumRack.

Lately my bandmate is fond of using one of the kick presets in DUNE as a backbeat when he's working on new material and the first thing I do when he gives it over to me is piss that off and put in a drum machine of one sort or another, usually Battery. Why use a synth that's churning up 5% of my CPU on something I can do better with a sample that uses less than 1% ?
No shit ,I have my modular since the beginnng of 2000 , no need teach me .
Have you ever played with a nord modular , and do you know what it is capable of , why it excells at being a drummsynth ( and lot's of other things) ??
YOu sample your drums , okay ..good for you ,you loose 99% of realtime control of the fundamental parameters that define the drumsound ..when sampled .
Again trying to push your method forwards as the only and best method possible
That's the biggest problem you have , trying to lecture anyone who doesn't agree with you or has a different viewpoint ...brrr ..bonesss angryyy :x
What makes matters worse is your endless use of hollow subjective assumptions without having real time experiecnce with the subject at hand .
Maybe your surrounded by YAY sayers but I for sure am not one of those , all I can do is falsefy your ridiculous statements .
The only one who's making a fool out of himself is you , without being aware of it :roll:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

'sample your synthesised sounds because freezing them is the end of creativity.' cant beat that logic.

so, having been told to give up on the OS dickwaving, the immediate introduction of a completely new 'im right cos I say I am' diversion away from the actual topic. wunnerful.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 am 'sample your synthesised sounds because freezing them is the end of creativity.' cant beat that logic.

so, having been told to give up on the OS dickwaving, the immediate introduction of a completely new 'im right cos I say I am' diversion away from the actual topic. wunnerful.
in fairness to BONES, immediately after Hink told him to give it up he...posted 2 more posts carrying on! Fully enabled, it seems.

What is the cheapest price we've seen for this, the hundred dollars mentioned elsewhere?

I see it at 140 quid on their own site.

no more mr nice guy...I locked the thread 100% because of samsam's bogus accusation...I spend way too many hours to get abuse from a person like that so from now on I will act a hell of a lot different seeing how there is absolutely no appreciation for the countless hours I spend here...sad how one ore two ingrates screw things up.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ok so here's the deal DH worked very hard on this review and he deserves far better than this so I'm unlocking this but stay on topic...dont ignore me...dont think one more comment is ok because it isn't, the bs ends here one way or tother.

Apologies to DH
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:26 pm ok so here's the deal DH worked very hard on this review and he deserves far better than this so I'm unlocking this but stay on topic...dont ignore me...dont think one more comment is ok because it isn't, the bs ends here one way or tother.

Apologies to DH
Thank you!

Thanks Hink :tu:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Thank you very much :hug:

samsam wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:56 am What is the cheapest price we've seen for this, the hundred dollars mentioned elsewhere?

100€ at the gear4music

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 am 'sample your synthesised sounds because freezing them is the end of creativity.' cant beat that logic.
Perhaps if I was then placing the samples into an audio track, but within the environment of something like Battery, the samples are just the beginning of the creative process. Strange that you wouldn't get that.
samsam wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:56 am What is the cheapest price we've seen for this, the hundred dollars mentioned elsewhere?
Cheaper prices seem to be without VAT for non-UK customers and you'll only get that from a retailer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Mine arrived half hour ago. The sound is for want of a better word {infected}. Turn off all oscs and you're still getting the analogue backround dirt when you press a key. The filter is predictably really good. Turn off the internal fx and the cpu is minimal although there's a lot of reported latency. The delay is much better than I thought it would be.... but it's hogging the cpu.

focusrite wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm Mine arrived half hour ago. The sound is for want of a better word {infected}. Turn off all oscs and you're still getting the analogue backround dirt when you press a key. The filter is predictably really good. Turn off the internal fx and the cpu is minimal although there's a lot of reported latency. The delay is much better than I thought it would be.... but it's hogging the cpu.
What OS and host are you running?

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm
focusrite wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm Mine arrived half hour ago. The sound is for want of a better word {infected}. Turn off all oscs and you're still getting the analogue backround dirt when you press a key. The filter is predictably really good. Turn off the internal fx and the cpu is minimal although there's a lot of reported latency. The delay is much better than I thought it would be.... but it's hogging the cpu.
Win7 reaper

focusrite wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Win7 reaper
Thanks.

Anyone got this working on Max 10.14 Live VST2? Still a no go for me.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”