[Editor and 1.0.2 firmware available now] UNO Drum analog/PCM drum machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mean, you'll most certainly get a certain vintage/classic drum machine vibe from the general sound of UNO Drum for sure...

Might be better to have a listen to someone who already got their hands on one and has a go with UNO Drum (Jakob Haq AKA haQ attaQ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALeeCZm-9k

Reefius wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:56 pm Only one mono output? No thanks.
Yeah pity it sounds good but that kills it for me too (especially with one eye on what's coming shortly :)

What if you want to make modern music using proper drum sounds? Do the PCM sounds cater for that or are they just horrible bleeps and bloops? i.e. Can it do drums for rock music.
jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 pm Yeh....not sure I would call that membrane interface "pads"...even less sure that I would like them for making beats on....still less sure as to how durable they would be for a full on finger drummer.
It's not a membrane, it's a full capacitive touchscreen like a Kindle or iPad. I've had my Uno synth for 8 or 9 months now, I play the keys on it pretty much every day and it still looks like it did the day I got it. It seems extremely durable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

edit: nvm, not for me, pointless arguing

BONES wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 am What if you want to make modern music using proper drum sounds? Do the PCM sounds cater for that or are they just horrible bleeps and bloops? i.e. Can it do drums for rock music.
The PCM sounds are curently toms, rims, cowbells, rides, and crash cymbals per http://www.unodrum.com - I would recommend listening through some of the audio demos there for different styles even if none are directly labeled "rock" (but note this is a vintage-style drum machine so it is not going to sound like a full-on realistic rock kit even if some elements will sound more applicable for the style) https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... hp?p=media

BONES wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 am Can it do drums for rock music.
You are starting to be too old to rock anyways.. 8)

BONES wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 am What if you want to make modern music using proper drum sounds? Do the PCM sounds cater for that or are they just horrible bleeps and bloops? i.e. Can it do drums for rock music.
jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 pm Yeh....not sure I would call that membrane interface "pads"...even less sure that I would like them for making beats on....still less sure as to how durable they would be for a full on finger drummer.
It's not a membrane, it's a full capacitive touchscreen like a Kindle or iPad. I've had my Uno synth for 8 or 9 months now, I play the keys on it pretty much every day and it still looks like it did the day I got it. It seems extremely durable.

Ahh, good to know. I was just going off the look on the Youtube video. This could well find its way into my studio. As I said (and again, only going off the videos) seems to sound alright, the price is definitely right and it is not hogging much space...so :tu: IKM

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 pm
old people use rocking chairs! that way, they can rock till they die :band:

Jakob Haq (haQ attaQ from above) did another one which is great too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=173r8HbkPaY

@ Peter/Ryan
Can you please do a video without the usb cable connected, with UNO arp in PLY mode/latch-on playing some UNO Drum kits, while the drum engine itself
is at the same time playing a UNO preset? So just using the midi DIN cables
for connecting the two units?

Could you ship it with longer midi cables?
That would facilitate using the units together.
I doubt the UNO midi cables would reach the unodrum ports.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 pm
old people use rocking chairs! that way, they can rock till they die :band:
Pretty sure the Bones avatar is his dad, the real Bones will outlive most of us,
and buy collectible walkers at The Stones auction, Sting's auction etc :hyper:

You're never too old for psy tarnce.

glokraw wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 am @ Peter/Ryan
Can you please do a video without the usb cable connected, with UNO arp in PLY mode/latch-on playing some UNO Drum kits, while the drum engine itself
is at the same time playing a UNO preset? So just using the midi DIN cables
for connecting the two units?

Could you ship it with longer midi cables?
That would facilitate using the units together.
I doubt the UNO midi cables would reach the unodrum ports.
Cheers
I'm a little unsure what you mean with your video request, but it sounds like you just want to be sure the the UNO Drum and UNO Synth can be connected just through the 2.5mm MIDI ports.

If this is what you're looking for, I can confirm that, yes, this is certainly possible. I've tried this out with our in-office unit. This can work many ways. This can be done to send just MIDI Clock or all MIDI from one unit to the other. :D

We do not ship the UNO Synth or UNO Drum with MIDI Cables, but break-out adapters for the 2.5mm MIDI ports on the back of the units. These can be connected to traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI Cables or one of these.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Thanks for confirming the midi connection use, sounds like great fun indeed.
Might be worth selling a dedicated set of UNO to UnoDrum cables, as din midi
cables aren't as cheap or common as in the '90's ?

I attached an example loop mp3 made easily possible by UNO's great arp.
One less piece of software needed!
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reefius wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:56 pm Only one mono output? No thanks.
My thoughts also :o Lots of bouncing down here with this if you buy it. I was excited till I seen your post :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”