I liked it so much, I bought two of these..Now what.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been seduced by the thought of going the hardware route lately. Low latency performance, no more crashes, no more "updates required, install now?", no more compatibility issues.

So I dipped my toes into a Muse Receptor. It was love at first sight. :love: Incredibly low latency, plugins feel like real hardware, one monitor dedicated for the entire thing, no distractions. It had hardware-like limitations (like channel count, insert FX slots). It had its flaws, but you get used to them pretty quickly.

I felt inspired, invited to explore more, even of the same synths I own on the PC. There was some crappy 32-bit free synth which I immensely enjoyed playing, adding FX, coming up with a completely different sound and saving the whole chain. The same synth, I wouldn't have bothered in my PC because it didn't look flashy. With being spoiled by the likes of Omnisphere 2 who'd bother?

I ended up getting 2 of these. Now I'm at a dilemma. Should I stick to using the receptor like an external hardware workstation (and host plugins), or like a dedicated slave machine (like VE Pro). Or should I use it standalone with a hardware midi sequencer as I originally intended??

Decisions..

You can't do all?
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”