Chord Stab Sequence

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys ,

Im searching for opportunity to sequence house chord stab sounds.
I like the sound of JP 08 roland boutique but there no chance of sequence chord, only single notes.
I understand that most of people make chords on synths and then sample them.

If i had JP 08 and Octatrack for example, then everything is clear , make chrod stab, sample it to OT and sequence it. But i dont have such amount of money right now

Here is the example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlD_kJs8SmQ

chord is sequenced and played in real time with Filters

Hope you like the vibe and please share you thoughts about this little issue :)

Thanks to you guys in advance

The Arturia Keystep features a polyphonic sequencer, so you could use that to control an external hardware.

It has also a one-finger chords feature, which is nice if you want to play such stabs from the Keystep. I don't know if the two features can be combined (I don't think so), I never tried the sequencer features of the Keystep.

Or you could use something like an old MPC (I have a MPC500: it's cheap, but it's probably worth looking for a MPC1000... I rarely use the MPC though, probably because of the limitations of the 500), which can work as a midi sequencer and also sample sounds.

If I want to work with stabs, I play chords with a midi keyboard (often it's the keystep in chord mode) and record the midi sequence in Cubase, so I sequence the synths directly (as if they were played), without sampling chords... If I sample chords, it's for the flavour introduced by this process, so I load a chord (or a single note, then I layer and detune to intervals) in a soft sampler (usually the TAL-Sampler).

Does it have to be hardware? And what hardware do you already own?
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

A lot of times it's just a 2 or 3 oscillator detuned mono synth that's being sequenced.

OSC 2 I usually like on +5 or +7 semi tones.
If your synth has a third oscillator you can obviously experiment with a full chord

sin night wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm The Arturia Keystep features a polyphonic sequencer, so you could use that to control an external hardware.

It has also a one-finger chords feature, which is nice if you want to play such stabs from the Keystep. I don't know if the two features can be combined (I don't think so), I never tried the sequencer features of the Keystep.

Or you could use something like an old MPC (I have a MPC500: it's cheap, but it's probably worth looking for a MPC1000... I rarely use the MPC though, probably because of the limitations of the 500), which can work as a midi sequencer and also sample sounds.

If I want to work with stabs, I play chords with a midi keyboard (often it's the keystep in chord mode) and record the midi sequence in Cubase, so I sequence the synths directly (as if they were played), without sampling chords... If I sample chords, it's for the flavour introduced by this process, so I load a chord (or a single note, then I layer and detune to intervals) in a soft sampler (usually the TAL-Sampler).

Does it have to be hardware? And what hardware do you already own?
Thanks for replay

I own JP 08 , Acidlab Miami(TR-808 clone) and x0xb0x (TB-303 Clone).
All this hardwares go through Boss BX8 mixer with some return track effects on it.
So i use Ableton Live only for recording.

Arturia Keystep makes easy way i guess, thanks.

What about Volca keys ? i was watching some tutorials and is sequences chord progressions, so it wont be a problem chord step sequence right ?

christian f. wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 pm A lot of times it's just a 2 or 3 oscillator detuned mono synth that's being sequenced.

OSC 2 I usually like on +5 or +7 semi tones.
If your synth has a third oscillator you can obviously experiment with a full chord
Thanks partner.

Very usefull info for making classic chord stab in no time !

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”