What hardware synths or synthesis types do you want to see ported into soft synths?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ensoniq VFX or SD1
Ensoniq Fizmo
Korg DW-8000
Korg DS-8
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Sam Marks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 am
Franknb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm why not emulate a modern synths (Yamaha Tyros. Yamaha Montage. Nord stage 2. korg kronos. Access Virus etc.)
It would be great to have such modern synth emulations.

This synth virtualization would also help the planet, as software synths are more ecofriendly than hardware synths ;)
For the Access Virus try this: https://www.adamszabo.com/viper/
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 am
Sam Marks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 am
Franknb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm why not emulate a modern synths (Yamaha Tyros. Yamaha Montage. Nord stage 2. korg kronos. Access Virus etc.)
It would be great to have such modern synth emulations.

This synth virtualization would also help the planet, as software synths are more ecofriendly than hardware synths ;)
For the Access Virus try this: https://www.adamszabo.com/viper/
Great soft synth. I use Mac OS, so I have to wait for an OSX version of Viper.

Sam Marks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 amThis synth virtualization would also help the planet, as software synths are more ecofriendly than hardware synths ;)
Are they?

There are lots of 30+ year old hardware synths being used today... almost nobody is using old computers.

I would like a decent Hartmann Neuron vsti. Not the buggy one that was released.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 am
Sam Marks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 amThis synth virtualization would also help the planet, as software synths are more ecofriendly than hardware synths ;)
Are they?

There are lots of 30+ year old hardware synths being used today... almost nobody is using old computers.
Good point! It is true. My Yamaha SY85 is still working as the first day when I bought it in 1992.

I also use a mid 2010 i7 Macbook Pro that works as fine as the first day that I bought it (I only replaced the HD with a SSD four years ago and added more RAM). A very reliable machine.

8 years is no real age though. My notebook is also from 2010, my mother is still using a laptop from 2001 and i know of some people who use laptops from ca. 1994.
My oldest system i still own is an Amiga 500 (introduced in 1987) which is also still working like a charm (except for some of the disks). Would be interesting if my brother took out our old TRS-80 from 1977 from his basement and see if it's still working
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Sam Marks wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:20 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 am
Are they?

Good point! It is true. My Yamaha SY85 is still working as the first day when I bought it in 1992.

I also use a mid 2010 i7 Macbook Pro that works as fine as the first day that I bought it (I only replaced the HD with a SSD four years ago and added more RAM). A very reliable machine.
I don't have an opinion which is more eco-friendly... but I do think it is not such a clear choice. Getting out of the gotta have the fastest and latest computer would be eco-friendly. I wonder if your MBP will still be working in 5-10 years? Do you also have a newer computer as well?

The 2010 MBP is my main and only computer, I do not have more computers. I use it everyday for music production and for my work. I have no plans of retiring it yet, while it works.

The ARP Omni 2. That is - if it came out very accurarte. Especially the divide down synth section. I used to hate it, but then again I did some nifty things on it using one of its faults (it would trigger all held notes if a new one was pressed). Also - mine was constantly connected to a Boss CE-1. There are lots of emulations on CE-1, but again people tend to "improve" the models and leave our important peculiarities. When in stereo mode only one side should be modulated, leaving the other side dry. Not many emulations (if any, maybe the UAD thingy), take that into consideration.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”