Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by gort11112 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The first quote is marketing bullshit from a copy writer. In software there's nothing new. We have sequention, selection and iteration on basic instructions like adding or shifting bits.

Second part: one incident, badly sourced heresay. I wonder why this "mate" doesn't do the complaining himself. Even for my own best mate I'd never go out and write this. Sort out your own problems.

Anyway, I guess your question is: upgrade the driver or not?
Don't fix what ain't broken. Read the fine print: is this driver fully tested on my model interface and firmware version?
Sometimes it's progression, sometimes regression. You can't predict...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 pm The first quote is marketing bullshit from a copy writer. In software there's nothing new. We have sequention, selection and iteration on basic instructions like adding or shifting bits.
I think "BS" is a bit unfair.

New more efficient algorithms are considered "new technology" like new compression technique between unit and on computer driver etc.
Using new api's provided can also be considered new technology.

About issues can't help but "again" to think Microsoft is playing a trick on systems too with updates - that quite a few experience need reinstalling audio drivers, same stuff again - for some reason - whatever they changed.

But in favour of MS the later announcement about FLS being solved for windows users was a good sign they are listening. So plugins limit most possibly removed.

About a "friend ranting" - on that I can agree. And nothing specific more than "doesn't work" or similar - what does that tell anybody. Is device not recognized, no audio at all coming through, can't run on lower latency than before - what? is it RTFM problem????

About usb it can obviously be tricky if that is not the main line of work for a vendor. I spent an hour at least to get everything installed to update my Behringer Neutron. First time ever firmware update was not just running an EXE-file and done.

But following through on all instuctions provided it finally went through. It was multiple layers of drivers, since it already said driver successfully installed, unit is ready to be used - it still failed firmware update saying no connection to unit. If it's hard to get driver validated from MS or something or cost too much, don't know.

I have an midi interface from iConnectivity MIO2 - also very flaky. Daws loose contact when I start external midi gear late, and can be gone for a minute or require unplug usb and back in and similar. Then it runs forever. Their config software has the same problems getting in contact with unit - it's supposed to be usb compliant in itself, but getting access to unit in a mode doing updates of firmware or config seems more difficult.

Audient was unknown to me two years ago - but bought their ASP 800 rack unit and is incredibly satisfied with that. So wish them good luck with their usb interfaces too.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”