I love the MiniLab's/KeyStep's keyboard

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saying. :) It's amazing really, for such a low cost controller. The KeyStep seems to have the same keys as the MiniLab, as far as i've read, with the addition of Aftertouch. I think Arturia did a really good job with the keybed. What do you think?

I use my KeyStep more than I use my full sized controller. It's convenient, compact, and the keybed feels very good considering that the keys are slim keys.
Last edited by Ed A. on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Totally agree. :tu:

How about the Keylab and Keylab Essential? Is it worth it to get the full Keylab version?
<List your stupid gear here>

I was really impressed with the Keystep. The best minikeys available afaik ...

I don't like the fact that the keys are way smaller than full sized keys as it makes my playing inaccurate. The action is really good for a small keyboard used as a synth though, and I have no other complaints at all about the Keystep
Sweet child in time...

How is the velocity sensitivity on the minilab/keysteps keybed?

Yeah, KeyStep and Korg's Minilogue completely changed my attitude towards mini-keys. I'd go as far as to say that I would choose a good set of mini-keys over a full-size keyboard, simply for the convenience of the more compact size.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yes, I also love my MiniLab MkII.

Love my KeyStep. It's awesome!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

3ptguitarist wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 am How is the velocity sensitivity on the minilab/keysteps keybed?
Perfect for me. Most keyboards i tried require too much/hard key pressure for my liking, but, it's nice on the MiniLab. You can adjust it, of course.

Nice to see so much praise for these keyboards. :tu:

I think my Reface DX has a better keyboard than the Keystep, but the Keystep keys are good for the price and better than on some other synths, definitely playable.

By the way, although I'm not a fan of minikeys, I have not one but two Keysteps.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Does the Reface DX have after-touch?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am Does the Reface DX have after-touch?
Nope.
Image Image Image Image

No, the Reface has no after touch, but the keys have a better feel in my opinion...
Anyway, my Reface DX is placed on the highest row of my keyboard stand (so I use it as if it was just a module, it's not a very playable position), while I keep one of my Keysteps on my desk, in front of the computer, and I use it as a hub to control pretty much everything...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”