Question for owners of an Arturia Beatstep Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Easy question. Can the Clock cable be used as another MIDI adaptor? I notice both types of adaptor are 5-pin DIN so logically and conceptually they should be interchangeable, however I also notice the clock adator is black instead of grey.

Essentially, I'm looking to buy the Beatstep along with another trio of cables and a simple headphone splitter to act as a psuedo MIDI thru box. The splitter works (as shown on a Sonic State video), it's just the cable interchangeability I'm uncertain on.

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Also, while I have you where does the anti-ground loop adaptor fit in? The single end goes into the device itself I guess and one of the other ends to the power outlet, but what about the third? The PC?

Yup, computer goes in one side of the usb adaptor and power in the other. It works well for me, stopped the humming when connected to my eurorack.

The clock output gives clock and start/stop, so the jack tip and sleeve should be connected to pins 3 and 1: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_sync

Wheras midi is a balanced connection using pins 4 and 5: https://www.midi.org/articles-old/3-5mm ... -5-pin-din

So I'd assume you do need the right adaptor at the right point. It shouldn't be too difficult to make more if needed, though!

Brilliant. Thanks for those responses, very helpful.

The adaptors can be purchased in packs separately from Arturia so I'm ok there. The only slight issue is I need two sets which results in a lot of redundancy.

No biggie though TBH.

If you need two more, I'd grab a spare midi cable and a 3.5mm stereo cable, cut them in half and reassemble :D

Then you can make them the right length for your setup and cut some male/female connections out of the chain.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”