Elektron Digitone or Analog Heat?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GAS is hard this evening and I don't think I can manage the day without picking one.

Elektron Digitone or Analog Heat.

Which one would you pick and why?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I would pick the Analog Heat. Basically you can get good FM from something like the Arturia DX7 (6 operators) or if you want hardware, the Yamaha MODX (8 operators) while the Digitone only has four. Also, if you have a lot of samples and want to add some analog warmth to them, the Analog Heat seems pretty ideal and unique. I would definitely research whether there are better effects options out there for analog warmth, especially considering the cost.
<List your stupid gear here>

What I like about the Digitone - or rather what I think I will like about it - is the workflow. I love the workflow of the Digitakt. Music almost write itself with it. Sure, it's FM simplified. But it sounds good.

What I like about the Analog Heat is that it can stream an overbridge channel to the computer when recording, which makes it quite simple to record any of my other synths.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm GAS is hard this evening and I don't think I can manage the day without picking one.

Elektron Digitone or Analog Heat.

Which one would you pick and why?

/C
Get a Digitone :D Absolutely compliments the Digitakt.. get a heat later on lol.. here's my night time view

Rob

Thanks. I'll listen to uncle Rob and get a Digitone :)

/C

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:20 pm Thanks. I'll listen to uncle Rob and get a Digitone :)

/C
The FM tones you'll get out of this thing are amazing and it's so simple to use. One of my best ever investments and I can control other hardware synths via both the Elektrons.. P-Locks on the midi channels too :D :tu:

Got it yesterday - and man if this thing got a crazy sound. A very wide range of sounds. Impressive considering that the FM tech used has been simplified. Glad I got it.

/C

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”