Behringer Crave

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds fantastic!! A total no-brainer. Looks like I'll be ordering a a bunch of Behringers from Thomann very soon.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 am Sounds fantastic!! A total no-brainer. Looks like I'll be ordering a a bunch of Behringers from Thomann very soon.

/C
I went to bed last night thinking I'm going to be absolutely broke in 2019 with all this stuff I want; RD808, BD909, Odyssey, Pro1, Crave. And then I added it up and it's less than £2k. Astonishing! All analogue and all new for £2k.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yeah I will absolutely add up - but man... a few synths, a drum machine and a sequencer and you have an incredible analog set-up. 200 bucks for the Crave? That's insane.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Yeah, this synth is a must buy for me as well. It sounds like synths that go for a 1,000+ IMO...and it looks really cool as opposed to the Neutron. :hihi: ...and it has patch points! :party:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:58 am Yeah I will absolutely add up - but man... a few synths, a drum machine and a sequencer and you have an incredible analog set-up. 200 bucks for the Crave? That's insane.

/C
And Poly Chain, might be worth getting 2 or 3 of these just for that, I'm really liking what Behringer is doing I'm waiting for the RD808/909 MS-101 and Pro-1 too.. it's now affordable to make music again for lots of people. I mean this Crave is the price of a software plugin :tu:

Uli really is a little shit :lol: For the clones he announces very early to disrupt the market and stall sales (think boutiques, KARP, etc) and for the original products he just announces with very little build up (sure there was the circuit board but that could have been anything).

He certainly has earned the title Chief Disruptor.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:35 pm For the clones he announces very early to disrupt the market and stall sales (think boutiques, KARP, etc)
Love it!

Iv'e paid over £1,000 in the past for synths that don't even sound as good as the Crave Mushy.. about time someone stirred up some shit in this department. Means more people can own hardware and make music instead of paying Mickey Mouse prices for a name.

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:35 pm For the clones he announces very early to disrupt the market and stall sales (think boutiques, KARP, etc)
Love it!

Iv'e paid over £1,000 in the past for synths that don't even sound as good as the Crave Mushy.. about time someone stirred up some shit in this department. Means more people can own hardware and make music instead of paying Mickey Mouse prices for a name.
Precisely. There will most certainly be a "Behringer Effect" on the market in the coming years. The mid-range players (Korg, Roland) will either need to step up their game or lower prices, however I do think the premium guys like Moog will weather it unscathed as they're a completely different demographic.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:42 pm
Love it!

Precisely. There will most certainly be a "Behringer Effect" on the market in the coming years. The mid-range players (Korg, Roland) will either need to step up their game or lower prices, however I do think the premium guys like Moog will weather it unscathed as they're a completely different demographic.
Gonna need a bigger mixer for all these new Behringer products haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:42 pm
Love it!

Gonna need a bigger mixer for all these new Behringer products haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's the real problem indeed. I simply don't have the room to put them all. What a tough life :lol:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:45 pm That's the real problem indeed. I simply don't have the room to put them all. What a tough life :lol:
I have to keep moving gear about to use it here coz I'm stuck in a small room just for now. The Quantum takes a whole desk up so I just use that as my master keyboard as well as synth. This new Behringer gear will take up more space but I'm renovating the house still so 1 full room to myself by end of summer.

I'm personally looking forward to grabbing the RD808/909 first although do you know how much these are gonna be retailing for in the UK roughly?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:45 pm That's the real problem indeed. I simply don't have the room to put them all. What a tough life :lol:
Time for IKEA to come to the rescure and provide a Eurorack that everybody can afford. :)

rob_lee wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 pm
I have to keep moving gear about to use it here coz I'm stuck in a small room just for now. The Quantum takes a whole desk up so I just use that as my master keyboard as well as synth. This new Behringer gear will take up more space but I'm renovating the house still so 1 full room to myself by end of summer.

I'm personally looking forward to grabbing the RD808/909 first although do you know how much these are gonna be retailing for in the UK roughly?
Are you sitting down? Between £250 and £299 each.

BTW, very jealous of the Quantum. That think looks insane.

lfm wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 pm
Time for IKEA to come to the rescure and provide a Eurorack that everybody can afford. :)
haha. Good idea. I have sketched out my Eurorack corner overnight as it happens :oops:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm Are you sitting down? Between £250 and £299 each.
BTW, very jealous of the Quantum. That think looks insane.
Wow that's cheap, so about £500+ for 2 drum machines. Very nice you could get a fabulous Behringer set up for under £2k
I think Behringer have smashed it so far with some of their upcoming announcements. I'll sell £2k worth of gear on eBay soon to fund their range of synths.. gonna be doing my math on how many more mixer channels I'll need in future now tho :lol:

Oh yeah and the Quantum is absolutely fantastic, only got 2 part multi tho but it'll fit nicely with all this new gear coming out.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”