Behringer Crave

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don’t have any use for this particular box, but I’ve gotta admit that it is a pretty remarkable deal at that price!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

toonertik wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:57 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:36 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm For €149

Smashed it.
although, it is of course shit. it uses the ladder filter from moog which is objectively "the worst sounding filter ever made"
:lol:
Yep, anal boy will be along shortly I'm sure.
No No Noooo.... :dog: :tantrum:
Get it right Anal boy :tu:

BTW... the that thing looks well cool, I wonder how well it behaves with it's bigger brother the Neutron
( I received mine on Wednesday).. hope they play well together.
which im still waiting on hearing :tu:

They will play well together because both are Eurorack compatible :)

Digivolt wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 pm 150 €?? Wow. Wonder how Behringer does that, even when they manufacture in Asia. :)
Will be interesting when I buy one and open it up to see what's inside and also to play with
Here ya' go: :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Smashed it.
although, it is of course shit. it uses the ladder filter from moog which is objectively "the worst sounding filter ever made"

BTW... the that thing looks well cool, I wonder how well it behaves with it's bigger brother the Neutron
The Neutron sounds really good. I’m convinced it will be a future classic for the next generations, 15-20 years from now. Probably best to stock up on a few of them as an investment.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Smashed it.

The Neutron sounds really good. I’m convinced it will be a future classic for the next generations, 15-20 years from now. Probably best to stock up on a few of them as an investment.
sorry, i meant from toon
i know the neutron is a cool unit 8)
already thinking of grabbing one, if for nothing more than a cheap bunch of fx for the modular.
the osc/filter and bits would be awesome bonuses too :)

i may actually grab one of each for a local kids group.
theyre vulnerable teenagers who get together to do music and sound stuff.
i once attended (my foster brother goes) a performance where they showed a video, with the kids doing live foley sfx.
then they did a choral version of space oddity, was pretty cool.

they where using a laptop with reason too, so i know they "use" synths.
it takes place in a recording studio, which has a pretty good sound system and the people providing the service seem to know their shit. and it is a charity, so im sure they would appreciate it :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 pm They will play well together because both are Eurorack compatible :)
Yeah, I get that...
I meant the poly chain mode :wink:

This describes some of the sequencer functions, which are most welcome {IMO}. And makes some noises. 8)

https://youtu.be/zZ4xlt2jiA8
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Well the first day I got it, I really got those amazing famous eurorack farty sounds.. I mean REAL farty sounds.. like a babtism>> :D (I thought of you and that beanzzzzz toon you did).. childish but man did I laugh :D
I didnee have it connected to record and lost the patch :(
BUT I am working on smthg... bit weird ofc.. loving the BBD and modulating the time.

always record!
that way, you always at least have the audio for slice n dice if you cant get the patch right :D

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:34 pm always record!
that way, you always at least have the audio for slice n dice if you cant get the patch right :D
I know... hey, it was first day.. I just plugged it into my speakers and fiddled around :wink:
gimme a break :P

Let's not forget the RD808 is coming to the shops in March too, that costs more, but it is arguably cheap for what it is. All 'analogue', individual outputs for all parts, some nice features on the sequencer. I think these release announcements are related, just don't ask me how ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_LYjSzH-M

Also the string machine vocoder, which they are already taking pre-orders for at Sweetwater.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

And also Pro-1 and Odyssey and MS-101... they're knocking it out of the park. And they're just warming up!

This is some serious market disruption, let's see how the competition handles this or if it handles it at all.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”