Behringer Crave

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:50 am Why on Earth would anyone be interested in this when they could have an Uno Synth for half the price or less?
A valid reasoning... if they would sound exactly the same, and would have exactly the same functionality. Which they don't.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:50 am Why on Earth would anyone be interested in this when they could have an Uno Synth for half the price or less? Uno has two oscillators with morphable waveforms, a better filter with more modes and, most importantly, patch memory so you can store your sounds. OK, Crave's arp has 32 steps but there are no parameter locks or anything, it is uber-basic. This thing seems like the answer to a question no-one was asking, with a hefty price tag attached.
1st of all, UNO is not half price, Crave is less expensive.
Why? its a very small portable synth that you can fit in to Eurorack and combined with additional modules make a real powerhouse.

And i have Uno, it sounds great, but Crave has other advantages.

AnX wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:03 amso it's not good enough to record, but good enough to use live....?
Exactly! A live show is a moment in time - you experience it or you miss out. OTOH, people will be able to buy/download recorded content for years, decades even, so a higher standard is just common sense.
They are fun to play with and look good on stage
which no one but you will see, unless you use an overhead cam and big screen
Now, it may come as a bit of a surprise to you but that is everyone who matters. We play live for our own benefit, no-one else's. It's what we want to get out of it that matters, nothing else. That's what makes rock'n'roll so awesome.
cant say i would like to try and play a tiny box like that on a dark smokey stage
Why would you need to? Everything is connected, I can play any instrument with any keyboard I like. But my laptop will play the Uno, I'll never touch it.
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 am Bones once again doing what he does best, thinking his world is the only world.
Yes, that's right, ignore the fact that my primary point is that Crave sounds like shit compared to Uno and concentrate on something that is largely irrelevant. That is the very definition of dumb-assery. (Yes, you forced me to make up a word to describe just how stupid your post was.)

Perhaps I need to make myself a little clearer -

Crave sounds like absolute sh!t, even if it was free I wouldn't want one. OTOH, Uno sounds really good and I'd still buy it if it cost 2.5 times more than it actually does.

Does that help with your comprehension?
chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 amA valid reasoning... if they would sound exactly the same, and would have exactly the same functionality. Which they don't.
Yes, but given that Uno is a far better synth which not only sounds much better but is a lot more versatile, it's even more confounding (which I had figured was self-evident but clearly I'd forgotten how dumb many of you are).
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:01 amWhen I saw this I didn't for a second think that the Uno made this redundant. I thought "great sound" , "amazing price" and "what can I do with all those patch points".
Sorry, what? The sequencer in Crave is a total dud. No extra lanes of parameter automation or anything beyond notes and ties and accents, like something from the 1980s. It's pathetic. And the sound is horrible, as shown in the video I linked to. Calling it a one trick pony would be a disservice to ponies who made the effort to learn a trick. It's more like a no trick pony.
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 am1st of all, UNO is not half price, Crave is less expensive.
Where? Point me to a shop where i can buy a Crave for less than an Uno.
Why? its a very small portable synth that you can fit in to Eurorack and combined with additional modules make a real powerhouse.
Which is to say that it is a complete waste of time on it's own, right?
And i have Uno, it sounds great, but Crave has other advantages.
None of which you are able to name. Says it all, really.
Last edited by BONES on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:lol:

Yes, i know, you don't like that Moog ladder filter. :P Best sounding filter out there, but, whatev'.

I have no idea how the Crave sounds and neither do you, dumb f*ck, because it isn't out yet. You're basing your complete assessment on pre-production models shown on YouTube.

And if you're not interested why are you even in this thread other than to p!ss on people like you usually do.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Bones you are one weird guy. That you think Uno is better to you it doesnt mean its better for all of us. Why to even swear and push your opinion as a fact when its just a personal opinion.

And even on its own its not a complete waste. Others might find its sound more likeable then synth U.

And heres crave for 151 incl VAT

https://m.thomann.de/intl/behringer_cra ... .EUR%3AEUR

Lets have some fun Bones. Uno is a complete f**king waste because it has no white noise mod to oscillator. Its a waste Bones. Worst synth ever.

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:01 pm Where? Point me to a shop where i can buy a Crave for less than an Uno.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/ik_multimedia_uno_synth.htm 175 euro Uno
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_crave.htm 150 euro Crave

:clap:

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 pmUno is a complete f**king waste because it has no white noise mod to oscillator. Its a waste Bones. Worst synth ever.
And only 6 knobs (7 if you count the one sitting in front of it).

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 pmUno is a complete f**king waste because it has no white noise mod to oscillator. Its a waste Bones. Worst synth ever.
And only 6 knobs (7 if you count the one sitting in front of it).
Also it has 3.5mm output which requires isolator to eliminate static noise if you are using USB connection.

Not necessarily. I had no trouble eliminating the USB noise by plugging Uno into a different USB port. It was a problem for all of 15 seconds or so for me, although I'd understand if it took you a little longer to work it out, given your apparent lack of common sense or basic intelligence.
That's interesting. Hopefully final pricing here will be similar, although even at those prices, Crave is still a pretty poor buy compared to Uno.
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 pmAnd only 6 knobs (7 if you count the one sitting in front of it).
Oh, dear. It seems that we have finally found the root of the problem - an inability to count. I want you to look at the image below and tell me how many knobs you see. I'll give you a hint - there are 3 knobs on the right side of the LCD screen and one more than that on the left.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Wow, an extra knob. Sold.

Bones why you always have to insult people that do not meet your opinion?

By the way static noise for UNO when using USB is a common problem that is stated in the official FAQ. But i guess your lack of IQ doesnt let your ego to just google or chech the FAQ and instead insult people.

But we have a saying here "give the way to the stupid one"

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:01 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:03 amso it's not good enough to record, but good enough to use live....?
Exactly! A live show is a moment in time - you experience it or you miss out. OTOH, people will be able to buy/download recorded content for years, decades even, so a higher standard is just common sense.
They are fun to play with and look good on stage
which no one but you will see, unless you use an overhead cam and big screen
Now, it may come as a bit of a surprise to you but that is everyone who matters. We play live for our own benefit, no-one else's. It's what we want to get out of it that matters, nothing else. That's what makes rock'n'roll so awesome.
cant say i would like to try and play a tiny box like that on a dark smokey stage
Why would you need to? Everything is connected, I can play any instrument with any keyboard I like. But my laptop will play the Uno, I'll never touch it.
so, by your own admittance, it's a lower quality sound than you would normally use, and you won't be playing it live.

Seems an expensive way of putting a useless box onstage.

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:13 pm Bones why you always have to insult people that do not meet your opinion?

By the way static noise for UNO when using USB is a common problem that is stated in the official FAQ. But i guess your lack of IQ doesnt let your ego to just google or chech the FAQ and instead insult people.

But we have a saying here "give the way to the stupid one"
Because Bones mad. He angry. He angry like tiger. Grrrrr!

Why is he mad? He doesn’t know that. Just must remain mad because he is punk.

I am Bones. I roar.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 pm And only 6 knobs (7 if you count the one sitting in front of it).
:lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”