2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m currently awaiting the arrival of a Waldorf Quantum. :help:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This year I bought a Moog One (16v) and Behringer VC-340 to join my OB-6 and Moog Subsequent 37CV. All lovely stuff as far as I'm concerned!

Expanding my drum machine collection with an Jomox Alpha Base to compliment the Tanzbar 2

Got a 500 series SSL G compressor and currently searching for a nice analog polysynth. Prophet 6 maybe...

Going to place an order for a Korg Minilogue soon enough.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:20 pm Going to place an order for a Korg Minilogue soon enough.
Tempted by the XD-version.

Forgot the Mooer Ocean Machine I bought. Wish it had midi tempo sync...it was said to come via a fw update one day, but that is a long time ago

Think I am going to pull the trigger on a Behringer DeepMind 12D to add to my collection of small synths (currently includes some Volcas, Micromonsta, Blofeld, Minibrute, Uno, Rocket and others).

Just picked up a Novation Ultranova in brand new condition for AU$350 which is an absolute steal, at least by Australian prices. I really bought it as an immediate on-sell for a profit, but DAMN, it sounds so dope and it is really versatile in functionality, I may well keep it.

As my resistance to hardware G.A.S. crumbles, I ordered a Boog - and then heard the Bro-1 is coming, so now I want a Bro-1 too. Where will it end?
I can only hope Behringer won't release a spaceship next (actually, I already own a Harley Benton Spaceship hehe).

Good year so far.

Komplete Kontrol S49 mk2, ROLI Seaboard Rise 49, and an iCon QCon Pro G2. :)

Later this year I'll need to get some better monitors.

Ah, G.A.S., how I missed you... :hihi:
Blue Phase Music

Yay, summer sales and 2nd hand bargain time! Being far too lazy and sensible to do sports, I've started buying cheap 2nd hand guitar pedals locally, fetching them on my bicycle. Cheaper than the fitness club, and I get to keep the pedals.

Yesterday was momentous for me. Lots of new toys as I totally crossed the Rubicon, from Softwaria to Hardwareness.

My Behringer Model D arrived, together with my Arturia KeyStep, my Behringer Ultragain (ADAT), my Volca Kick and a few guitar pedals (EHX Germanium OD, tc electronic MojoMojo and Fulltone Mas Malo).
Couldn't get the ADAT working properly (loud clicks and crackles), so I don't have my Volcas set up yet. I contacted Focusrite, their support is legendary and perhaps there's a fix they know of. If not, I'll prolly buy a new interface (my current one is 10yo and requires Firewire, so that would be some consolation I guess).

I'm also planning on making a wooden plate/casing kind-of-thing for the KeyStep and Boog. Lovely designs on pinterest, but they seem to leave no access to say, the KeyStep's rear panel. Clumsy and tool-less as I am, I'm restricted to glue, nails, screws, and what pieces of wood I can get in the store. What I'm after is a way to have both devices set up in a single unit one can pick up and move about. A bottom panel and some sides should suffice.

I had a blast last night, playing guitar while my KeyStep and Boog sang and squealed, aided by some fine VST effects.

We are blessed, having access to such amazing tech, for such an amazing art :love:

Raspberry Pi and PiSound

cptgone wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 pm My Behringer Model D arrived, together with my Arturia KeyStep, my Behringer Ultragain (ADAT), my Volca Kick and a few guitar pedals (EHX Germanium OD, tc electronic MojoMojo and Fulltone Mas Malo).
Couldn't get the ADAT working properly (loud clicks and crackles), so I don't have my Volcas set up yet. I contacted Focusrite, their support is legendary
Focusrite got back to me real quick and fixed my problem. Such an AMAZING company, I know none other like it.

Me:
"Yay, 8 more inputs, more than I'll ever need"
*looks at 2nd hand Drumbrute*
Damn.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”