2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Korg M3 , always wanted one ....

@werp I’m jealous of that Mordax Data for one, definitely. I couldn’t find one of those anywhere. Anyway: nice rig :tu:

*Gratz to everyone on the acquisitions anyway :)

pekbro wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 am @werp I’m jealous of that Mordax Data for one, definitely. I couldn’t find one of those anywhere. Anyway: nice rig :tu:

just contact Mordax, they had a couple in stock when I hit their website 6 weeks ago. :-)
I guess I got lucky...nothing there now :-(
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 am
pekbro wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 am @werp I’m jealous of that Mordax Data for one, definitely. I couldn’t find one of those anywhere. Anyway: nice rig :tu:

just contact Mordax, they had a couple in stock when I hit their website 6 weeks ago. :-)
I guess I got lucky...nothing there now :-(
Ok thx, no doubt they will be making some more at some point. :)

werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 am started in Eurorack a couple of months ago so I’ve filled up a trogotronics/collier 368 case without really having a target.
That's quite a setup for two months ;)

werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 am started in Eurorack a couple of months ago so I’ve filled up a trogotronics/collier 368 case without really having a target. I figure that the waldorf nw-1 will be replaced fairly soon by the 4ms swn. The hole in the middle is an XAOC Zadar which I’ve had to send back to Poland (should arrive there today) due to a dead screen at two weeks old :-( Externally there’s a PM Lifeforms sv-1, Make Noise O-coast and an empress fx Zoia. The learning curve be steep.
:party: nice!
make some noise!!!!!!

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 pm
werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 am started in Eurorack a couple of months ago so I’ve filled up a trogotronics/collier 368 case without really having a target. I figure that the waldorf nw-1 will be replaced fairly soon by the 4ms swn. The hole in the middle is an XAOC Zadar which I’ve had to send back to Poland (should arrive there today) due to a dead screen at two weeks old :-( Externally there’s a PM Lifeforms sv-1, Make Noise O-coast and an empress fx Zoia. The learning curve be steep.
:party: nice!
make some noise!!!!!!
noice!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

although, i think he needs some more patch cables.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:07 pm although, i think he needs some more patch cables.
I just bought a few Control Crono cables to add to my set, because I'm a bit short and not sure I am really getting along with Tendrils as well as I first thought.

Somehow, a Bubblesound CVWS fell into my shopping cart too. I guess this is a handy coincidence since I had an 8HP space and I wanted to play more with abusing waveshapers, and it was on sale.

[edit] whoah, Control sent me a shipping notification with tracking number 17 minutes after the order went through :hail:

cool!

im holding out still for clouds2 and cvlization.
may need to rearrange cases for power distribution as this case is getting a little digital heavy.
although, if i go for it in this case and have issues ill just have to add another case :hihi:

but at the min im more than happy exploring the current racks.
getting more used to morphagene and running the guitar through it has been pretty awe inspiring :D
don't see me running out of fun new sounds for a long time even if i buy nowt else :o :scared: don't even joke about that :tantrum:

Ive rediscovered that theres more to music creation than plugins. Im contemplating if I should go Prophet 12 or Virus Ti2 for my first hardware venture. I dig both alot but in different ways obv. A little unclear what to go for first though. I think it may come down to which one Ill get a good deal on first.

If those were my choices I'd stick with plugins. There is just no way I could justify the sort of money those things cost for what you get. Seriously, what is a Prophet 12 going to give you that RePro-5 can't?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm cool!

im holding out still for clouds2 and cvlization.
may need to rearrange cases for power distribution as this case is getting a little digital heavy.
although, if i go for it in this case and have issues ill just have to add another case :hihi:
My total hp is currently 700 (292 in use) I've been working on that. :lol:

Thanks gentlemen, I have plenty of patch leads. If I’m not careful I wind up with a giant knot that takes three days to undo.
I have 4 rails at 126, I shall order some more. The trogotronics case has shown me the importance of ergonomics in the design of a system. It does have a stupid amount of power available with it though, I’m pretty sure I can remover two of the busboards and power supplies to run the 126 rails. I think width is better than height at this stage. can’t focus all that well on the top row. The things you learn about yourself when trying something new, I haven’t grabbed a guitar in the last three weeks.
I’m on the verge of ordering Euclidean Circles V2. I think it’ll make more sense to me than the Rene 2. :-)
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 am If those were my choices I'd stick with plugins. There is just no way I could justify the sort of money those things cost for what you get. Seriously, what is a Prophet 12 going to give you that RePro-5 can't?
Prophet 12 is going to give me real analog filters, lots of more waveform options, tons more modulation options (that's kinda what I dislike the most about Repro5, 2 mod slots is way to little for me), and the whole physical knobs tweaking in realtime and sitting down with an instrument, playing and getting deep into sound design with it. It's a major bummer that it almost has real DX FM but not actually the real one, that would have been major win for me. It would be great if the module had more knobs cause it's way cheaper, but I'm interested in getting as many knobs upfront as possible. I do get your general perspective, I've had it myself for years. Still for me it's time to give it a shot, I can always sell again if I'm not happy with it, as long as I don't over pay it should be pretty risk free.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”