2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i want to be hypnotised in to buying something :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 pm:cry:
awwww..... all good
:hug:

ps How's prism working into your system?

toonertik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:40 pm
vurt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 pm:cry:
awwww..... all good
:hug:

ps How's prism working into your system?
pretty darn sweet tbh!
the combo of the comb filter and bit crusher is boooootiful.
the stutter is awesome when mixed with the morphagene, so much sonic potential using the most mundane of speech sample even :hihi:

great little module 8)
thanks for the heads up

Great.
YES>>>there's some truly booootiful sounds from the crusher between 10/11 oclock with res it's like sparklers firing twinkle lights but aurally then the formant grow... etc etc... ;)

toonertik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:30 pmuse as LFO's... VCO's or filter....

maybe need 3... ;)
Also as a waveshaper -- which you might want a filter after :hihi:

And in slow mode with no input, you can ping it for bouncing ball envelopes.

Things I still haven't tried: processing incoming envelopes, adding resonant wiggles to stepped modulation/sequences.

With clever use of the Hold input, I feel like this thing really could simulate a lot of what Wogglebug does. As well as the other stuff it does...

foosnark wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 pm
toonertik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:30 pmuse as LFO's... VCO's or filter....

maybe need 3... ;)
Also as a waveshaper -- which you might want a filter after :hihi:

And in slow mode with no input, you can ping it for bouncing ball envelopes.

Things I still haven't tried: processing incoming envelopes, adding resonant wiggles to stepped modulation/sequences.

With clever use of the Hold input, I feel like this thing really could simulate a lot of what Wogglebug does. As well as the other stuff it does...
Yes, all that... I even read the manual all through in one sitting... :hihi:
I mean before even plugging a cable.
Audio rate mod is fun... only had it few hours but impressed.
He's done some clever stuff here...
I am also waiting to see his Generator 3...
I must stop watching Ben DivKid :oops:

bugger. I had the Filter 8 sent to my work address, since I hadnt assumed they'd be doing next-day delivery, let alone saturday delivery.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

A few VST items, as ever. :p

Also, an acoustic guitar! Needed a nice one, so yeah.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am bugger. I had the Filter 8 sent to my work address, since I hadnt assumed they'd be doing next-day delivery, let alone saturday delivery.
That's being more restrained than I would have been..
I would also kick my own butt... a skill I have perfected from practice.....

Hope you get it today and play :tu:

:hyper: its arrived.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

As expected the Focals sound amazing. Very revealing. Just need to work on tuning the room now. Shouldn't require too much treatment; a set of bass traps in the corners, on the floor has already helped a lot.

A simple thing...one would think!

A 3 tier keyboard stand. So a On Stage 3 tier A Frame stand arrived yesterday.What a POS! Screws badly machined (wouldn't thread), screw holes over-drilled. Flimsy plastic fittings and the bars to support the keyboards held onto the plastic O-Rings by one screw.

No way I would trust my keyboards to to this crap...so boxed up for return.

Can anybody recommend me a really sturdy and stable stand?

I use the same stand, as I couldn't find anything better. I have reinforced most of the fittings to reduce the amount of side-to-side wobble and to prevent the horizontal tubes from turning. However, it's now a lot more difficult to take apart. I have my Quantum and Ambika on the stand, hope to have a Korg Kronos on there by the end of the year.

I do like having an A-frame stand, because it gives me a lot of space below for pedals and storage. I just wish that it were constructed more sturdily.

I recently picked up a Jaspers 3-tier A-frame. I'm really happy with it ... Its well made, sturdy and easy to adjust.

I got this model, in black.

That Jaspers hardware appears near-identical to vintage Ultimate Support brand A-Frame hardware so far as I can tell. I have a (very old) 5 tier Ultimate Support keyboard A-Frame plus a couple of small accessory shelf fittings to go on it.

And an old 6 foot floor to ceiling ultimate support a-frame 19" open rack. The A-frame populated with three of the tall 19" steel rack ear attachments and one of the "short" 19" steel rack ear attachments to make up the full 6 feet give or take an inch or two.

I'm still currently using the A-frame 19" rack in the home studio but the 5 tier keyboard stand has been packed away in its nylon travel bag for some years.

I think the Ultimate Support were very well made, if you happen to find a good used price on one and the fiber-reinforced plastic hardware is not somehow broken. I don't recall any of my hardware ever breaking but anything can break given the right amount of use/abuse.

My biggest complaint about A-frame keyboard stand (unless the supports are connected to front and back crossbars as in that above Jaspers picture) is that the keyboards are held securely and not likely to fall, but can "bounce" too much forward-back like a playground see-saw across the fulcrum of only one cross-bar, when you play the keys. Even tightened firmly, it is solid support but just "wiggles" too much when I play a synth. Unless connected to both a front and back cross-bar.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”