2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

toonertik wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:10 pmI've had my lusty eyes on that as well...I think I have seen Ben_DivKid video 3 times....
finally cracked today and ordered.. too late for tomorrow delivery but will have a Befacto Muxlicer coming tomorrow (got that order in time) .. (8 inputs on the muxy thingy... ;) )
Well it was my birthday and the child needs his b-day toys... :oops:
Muxlicer seems like a fun one. Happy birthday! :party:

Thanx foosy for the greets....
Only had time for a quick go with the muxy....
but slicing audio is cool...
the gates are sometimes on steroids... lot to explore

as I imagined, a very versatile addition to my instrument

again it was that damn DivKid who sold me on this....

I'm gonna ban myself from his vids...

he's even more expensive than my 2 ex_wives combined!!!

So I am gonna break out the power tools and attempt to fabricate a wooden box. :tu:
Was still near the price of another skiff for all the stuff. But it will have way more
power and 64 extra hp. uZeus with the 3 amp brick, not quite enough for my digital
stuff in the 4ms row power I guess.

pekbro wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 am So I am gonna break out the power tools and attempt to fabricate a wooden box. :tu:
Was still near the price of another skiff for all the stuff. But it will have way more
power and 64 extra hp. uZeus with the 3 amp brick, not quite enough for my digital
:tu:
The 4ms pow can accept 15 to 20 volts... I have an old laptop power brick rated at 6 amps, it feeds the 4ms and as previously mentioned the 4ms can daisy chain (they have IN and OUT sockets for this). I'm using a 30 as I prefer it's spread over the voltages (the 40 has more on the 5 volt rail but I only have 1 module that uses 5 volts).

My case is fairly simple but strong.

toonertik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 am
pekbro wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 am So I am gonna break out the power tools and attempt to fabricate a wooden box. :tu:
:tu:
The 4ms pow can accept 15 to 20 volts... I have an old laptop power brick rated at 6 amps, it feeds the 4ms and as previously mentioned the 4ms can daisy chain (they have IN and OUT sockets for this). I'm using a 30 as I prefer it's spread over the voltages (the 40 has more on the 5 volt rail but I only have 1 module that uses 5 volts).

My case is fairly simple but strong.
Ahh, oh well, the uZeus was cheaper as well. :D I'm only making 6U by 84hp. I like the smaller
desktop form factor, so I only need 1 per. Likely, I will make 2 or 3 of those in the end. :)

I was never a woodworker, but my Missus started a business restoring spinning wheels...funnily enough what she was actually starting was a business where I restored spinning wheels and she took the profits...Anyways, as it turns out I am not quite so much of a useless prat when it comes to making stuff out of wood. Makes me kind of face plant when I look at what I paid nearly a grand for a couple of years. But to the point, now that I COULD build a case, I am now sworn off modular.

Funnily though, the next purchase is a Moog Grandmother, which if what I read is correct, would indeed communicate nicely with a modular setup.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:10 am I was never a woodworker, but my Missus started a business restoring spinning wheels...funnily enough what she was actually starting was a business where I restored spinning wheels and she took the profits...Anyways, as it turns out I am not quite so much of a useless prat when it comes to making stuff out of wood. Makes me kind of face plant when I look at what I paid nearly a grand for a couple of years. But to the point, now that I COULD build a case, I am now sworn off modular.

Funnily though, the next purchase is a Moog Grandmother, which if what I read is correct, would indeed communicate nicely with a modular setup.
Yup...
that sounds 'bout right :lol:

Is my memory correct and you posted about having a modular time ago?

I think it does connect ...
so there's still hope for a return... :shrug:

:borg:
:hihi:

So far in 2019, I've found great prices on the Elektron Monomachine and Machindrumm both mkii with plus drives. The Polyend Medusa and a Matrix brute.

My last find was the memorial day sale on the Kordbot

There have been great deals on software as well from Omnisphere, the Output bundle, Izotope, and U-He.

My account will be in recovery mode until 2020.

toonertik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:24 am

Is my memory correct and you posted about having a modular time ago?
Indeed I did, but it lead to a bit of a mid-life crisis and I almost walked away from making music completely to build a man cave full of other techy toys. But I have been slowly coming back to the fold over the past year so I guess I'd say, never say never... :oops:

I wonder if I should make a case out of metal. 20 in of 12x4 1/4 scrap steel tubing shouldn't be too expensive. That would be a sturdy case, able to hold 1000lbs :D

Hypnotised by this thread into ordering a Filter 8.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah, blame my thread why dont ya! :hihi:

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:24 pm Hypnotised by this thread into ordering a Filter 8.
Just got mine 2 hours ago....
been putting it through some routines...
it felt right at home in my growing system.

BUT....
and it is a big but
a problem... use as LFO's... VCO's or filter....

maybe need 3... ;)

vurt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:27 pm yeah, blame my thread why dont ya! :hihi:
OFC...
all your fault>>> :borg:

:cry:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”