2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I said I wouldn't be buying any gear for the next few months but I just scored a pair of Focal Solo6 BEs for an awesome price. It'll come out of the budget for fixing up the new house. :hihi:

My new studio is coming along, I just need to put together some diffusers and acoustic panels. Also a shit load of cables. I can't wait to share some pics!

justin3am wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:25 pm I said I wouldn't be buying any gear for the next few months but I just scored a pair of Focal Solo6 BEs for an awesome price. It'll come out of the budget for fixing up the new house. :hihi:

My new studio is coming along, I just need to put together some diffusers and acoustic panels. Also a shit load of cables. I can't wait to share some pics!
You must have a very understanding misses ;)

Bass traps? Looking forward to some pics Justin.

foosnark wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:03 am My Filter 8 arrived... lovely rich sound and really flexible. Just as good as a VCO/LFO as I had hoped. The linear FM is pretty mild, but that's mostly true with analog devices that don't do thru-zero. It could have been a little bigger and had built-in attenuators for the inputs -- it overdrives pretty easily, though it sounds great doing it -- but I have attenuators to spare anyhow :tu:
I've had my lusty eyes on that as well...I think I have seen Ben_DivKid video 3 times....
finally cracked today and ordered.. too late for tomorrow delivery but will have a Befacto Muxlicer coming tomorrow (got that order in time) .. (8 inputs on the muxy thingy... ;) )
Well it was my birthday and the child needs his b-day toys... :oops:

happy birthday :party:

toonertik wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 pm
justin3am wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:25 pm I said I wouldn't be buying any gear for the next few months but I just scored a pair of Focal Solo6 BEs for an awesome price. It'll come out of the budget for fixing up the new house. :hihi:

his missus is awesome, i once married her :)

Thanx vurt... just another day...
BUT
an excuse to be.....

shhhhhhhh !

(obnoxious ).. :P
:lol:

and get new toys :D

Happy B-Day toonertik :party:

Both the filter 8 and Muxlicer look very nice. :tu: I am up to 9U 312 hp and have
yet to have a single hp open :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 pm

LOL, yeah she is totally awesome. She got a new TV and a PS4 Pro as a house warming gift, so she thought I deserved something too. I haven't seen her since the TV showed up, maybe she is hanging out with vurt... :oops:

toonertik wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:10 pm Well it was my birthday and the child needs his b-day toys... :oops:
Happy B-day! Have fun and make some noise!

justin3am wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:24 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 pm

LOL, yeah she is totally awesome. She got a new TV and a PS4 Pro as a house warming gift, so she thought I deserved something too. I haven't seen her since the TV showed up, maybe she is hanging out with vurt... :oops:
haha... smooth operator>> get her a TV and PS4...
yeah.. vurt has a way of turning up every where... ;)

Thanx for greets... making noise, been doing that since 67...
one day I might even make music... :P

pekbro wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm Happy B-Day toonertik :party:

Both the filter 8 and Muxlicer look very nice. :tu: I am up to 9U 312 hp and have
Thanx ... ))))
BTW, regarding power, I use 4ms pow... they are chain-able from one power brick...
just get a big brick ;)

I still have 25hp left out of 208... (22 modules but lots of small 2/4 hp utilities)
but I have made my own cabinet with a trick...
I can get more, if needed just from 208...

maybe one day I'll post a pic.
Last edited by toonertik on Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toonertik wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm Happy B-Day toonertik :party:

Thanx ... ))))
BTW, regarding power, I use 4ms pow... they are chain-able from one power brick...
just get a big brick ;)

I still have 25hp left out of 208...
but I have made my own cabinet with a trick...
I can get more, if needed just from 208...

maybe one day I'll post a pic.
Yeah, I'll probably go the DIY route in the end as I am having difficulty convincing
myself to pay near $1000.00 (or more) for a wooden box. I thought about the 4ms
cases, they are nice, I just got a 3rd Make Noise skiff as it was cheaper and I can
always use it.

pekbro wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 pm
Yeah, I'll probably go the DIY route in the end as I am having difficulty convincing
myself to pay near $1000.00 (or more) for a wooden box. I thought about the 4ms
cases, they are nice, I just got a 3rd Make Noise skiff as it was cheaper and I can
always use it.
Definitely think DIY if you got the skills or know someone.. cheaper and there ain't nothing like a custom build..
I have a workshop so no prob for me...
except making the decisions...

I think you might understand THAT.. ;)

I still have to make my multi angle stand for the case...

lJust like with women...
never sure what angle to take...

:lol:

You’re just using the power, duh got it. I’ll check those out. I am not much of a woodworker, but I know quite a few of them :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”